FAO Astro Players

How did we get on under my new gameplan?

Sorry I couldn’t make it again today but hopefully my tactical instructions by email proved decisive. A loss tonight and I’ll have to consider moving upstairs to a Director of Football type role.

A 5-1 victory.

Go on TFK.

The pressure will really be on the tag players now

there’s room for both codes.

[quote=“therock67”]How did we get on under my new gameplan?

Sorry I couldn’t make it again today but hopefully my tactical instructions by email proved decisive. A loss tonight and I’ll have to consider moving upstairs to a Director of Football type role.[/quote]

Worst manager I’ve played under. The players have the talent but this is one of those instances where the manager just can’t get it out of them.

This was yet another disgrace by our disgraceful player/manager.

Much as I expect the lads to deny it (the bastards!), I spent a good portion of today in work briefing them via email of a new formation I thought we should try given our shocking recent form.

So our disgraceful player/manager PM’d me earlier to find out if we won and then started this thread (even though he knew we did after my reply) in an attempt to earn the praise for MY tactical innovation.

The bastard.

For the record, our new 1-1-2-1 formation, as devised and communicated to the squad by my good self throughout the day, worked a treat.

Rocko is not to be trusted.

[quote=“Bandage”]This was yet another disgrace by our disgraceful player/manager.

Much as I expect the lads to deny it (the bastards!), I spent a good portion of today in work briefing them via email of a new formation I thought we should try given our shocking recent form.

So our disgraceful player/manager PM’d me earlier to find out if we won and then started this thread (even though he knew we did after my reply) in an attempt to earn the praise for MY tactical innovation.

The bastard.

For the record, our new 1-1-2-1 formation, as devised and communicated to the squad by my good self throughout the day, worked a treat.

Rocko is not to be trusted.[/quote]

Indeed it wouldn’t be the first time. I remember we put our heads together before (ahoy!) and devised some improvements that could be made only for Rocko to try and steal them for his own. This is the guy, this is the guy, that once mugged a lad. Well no, I’d say that’s mercenary. That’s mercenary.

The game’s passed him by Clarkey. He’s a lame duck manager living off past glories and I don’t think the squad’s playing for him anymore. He reminds me a little of David Pleat.

As a player, he’s quite like Emre I’d have said. Tiny and Turkish.

More like ex Newcastle United and Arsenal goal getter Malcolm McDonald in my opinion:

[quote=“Bandage”]More like ex Newcastle United and Arsenal goal getter Malcolm McDonald in my opinion:

http://cards.littleoak.com.au/197071_fks/350_Malcolm_McDonald.JPG[/quote]

Uncanny. Although Malcolm has far better shoulders.

This director of football lark was never going to work

Lads I don’t mind the odd bit of dressing room disquiet but expressing your views on a forum like this is not helpful for the team.

Bandage is a goalkeeper badly out of form in the past couple of seasons but we’ve persevered with the lad and looked out for him. Then he decides to bad mouth the manager and the only ally he can find is a washed-up injury-prone, demotivated striker who has fucked off to Australia after being released by TFK.

TFK is bigger and better than the likes of you pair. And to think Clarkey’s agent was working behind the scenes trying to negotiate for his return.

The end is nigh for TFK Astro, the future is Tag.

Rocko = Peter Moores
Bandage = Kevin Pietersen

At roughly what level is this played at?? Who is your best player? and who would win club man of the year if you know what i mean…

Genuinely now we’re shit. We have different players every week and we lack organisation, fitness and most of us lack ability.

I wouldn’t be player of the year because I’ve played fuck all this year due to moving to the depths of rural Ireland but if the lads were honest in their appraisals they’d say I’m the best player. Consistently over time.

Bandage is suprisingly agile between the sticks. We coat the ball in peanut butter before kick off and the guy is drawn to it like a magnet.

Ah, we’re not the greatest but the overall standard isn’t too bad. I’d equate it to top half of the Portuguese Super Liga.

Hand on heart, I’m the best player by a considerable distance. The others would be tightly bunched but tucked in quite some way behind me.

[quote=“Bandage”]Ah, we’re not the greatest but the overall standard isn’t too bad. I’d equate it to top half of the Portuguese Super Liga.

Hand on heart, I’m the best player by a considerable distance. The others would be tightly bunched but tucked in quite some way behind me.[/quote]

Come off it Bandage. Rocko said ye are shit. Nail on the head.

What we lack in ability is now compensated for by our new tactical awareness. I hate curbing players’ freedom and natural flair but giving the lads licence to be creative clearly wasn’t working and a rigid tactical set up and formation is going to work wonders.

When you also factor in having the best 'keeper in the 6-a-side astro park Monday night 6pm and 7pm kick-off Dublin south region league and we’ll go places.