FAO Clare folk

Killee your nearest for the slots.

Iā€™m hearing unconfirmed reports from my mother tonight that she found slots in lahinch.

If so, Iā€™ll be incredibly disappointed with a number of posters on here.

I was busy earlier mate. McDonalds across from Oā€™Looneys?

+1
About the only thing better is the boat that takes you out to the bottom of the cliffsā€¦ fuck me, one of the 7 wonders of the world.
Well worth it @Chucks_Nwoko if you have an hour or two to kill tomorrow.

1 Like

Groupon job - ā‚¬9.50 a go

Apologies if it has been suggested already, but a day trip to Inisheer from Doolin is well worth it, if you havenā€™t been to the Aran Islands itā€™s the easiest route. If the weather is nice itā€™s unforgettable.

2 Likes

Can be some crack if you suffer from sea sickness! Last time i was out there was a fair swell and half the boat were gagging.

1 Like

The boat to Inisheer is not much fun on rough seas either. Never seems to bother the crew though.

1 Like

Yeah, depends on the swell. Last few times I have been over twas grand. I do remember leaving inis oirr early one Sunday morning to play a hurlin game after a feed of Porter the night before and I had a fine detox on the way back.

3 Likes

Right job

http://connachttribune.ie/hero-rescues-two-people-plunged-into-sea-after-gangplank-collapses-977/

Iā€™d be inclined to avoid the boats.

Inisheer is lovely, but the best way to see it is on a bike, so might not be the best place to take a Mammy.

1 Like

Went for the monkfish in vaughans (CC @Special_Olympiakos @Thumper ). Roaster chips just out of shot.

The food was sublime. Other members of the group went for the crab claws and the seafood platter. Multiple comments were made on the freshness of the food. The waitstaff were incredibly friendly and helpful. The young lads behind the bar appeared to be stoned however.

2 Likes

TFKadvisor strikes again

We took a drive out to the cliffs before dinner. I was horrified when I discovered that the bastards wanted 6 euro per person to get in to the visitor centre. Determined to avoid a mugging off, I drove past it for about a km until I came to a few cars pulled in on the left. I spotted a path. I took this to be the path mentioned above, and the party of 4 took to the rocky road.
Eventually made it to the cliffs. Visibility wasnā€™t great but we got a few happy snaps for the scrapbook. Jaysus, youā€™d have 6ft fences along that path in Australia. I felt wonderful freedom. And fear.

We then took to the road and I gave the visitor centre the finger on the way past, 24euro better off :blush:

2 Likes

Nice, fat oyster just in shot as well.
Whatā€™s in store for today??

Iā€™ve a few hours work to do this morning but the Father Ted house is being demanded by the group. Iā€™m easy enough but expect to be completely underwhelmed. Anything else in that vicinity which might make the trip worthwhile?

Iā€™ll also be having my daily 2 pints in the 19th.

Underwhelmed is right.

You can go through the Burren though.

If you want to push the boat out, greganā€™s castle for something to eat. Top food.

Or the wild honey Inn up in lisdoon.

That perfumery place might be up their alley. Thereā€™s a dolmen there as well lads spend a lot of time looking at.

Iā€™d swing them up around @KinvarasPassion and the Flaggy shore, linnanes, etc.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a smoke house place that might interest them, or the birds of prey show at the caves is excellent if they have any interest in that type of thing.

2 Likes

Cunts Ted.

They built that fecking place that nobody wanted, so now tourists get fleeced paying for it.

The full walk is about 10k but, as you found, you can join in and out.

1 Like