FAO Clare folk

Good advice. There aint much to see up at Teds houseā€¦ but if you continue on and swing a left youā€™ll be close to the perfumery which is worth a visit for the female company at least. Nice food /coffee too.

Flaggy Shore and a bite to eat in Linnanes is also recommened.

3 Likes

Apart from the auld wan in the Coogee Bay Hotel obviously

She must have done a stint in Dublin in her formative years.

@Raylan @KinvarasPassion heading to doonbeg for lunch. Any suggestions?

Morriseys

+1 to that. Although I ate in Tubridyā€™s after the golf on Monday and I couldnā€™t fault it. Donā€™t bother eating in Trumpā€™s place anyway, way overpriced for average grub.

I donā€™t think Morrisseys opens for lunch, but someone can confirm.

Go up to Trumps, it does a grand Lunch and the beach walk is lovely.

Thatā€™s right actually, they only do a Sunday lunch. Red Cliffs Lodge in Spanish Point might be an option on the way there? Not sure if they do a lunch menu either though.

Lads, get your shit together. Is Morisseys open? Tubridys it is, if not.

Donā€™t sound so surprised :stuck_out_tongue:

Did ye find the slot machines?

Not open. But itā€™s worth trying to get to for the evening meal, itā€™s unreal.

I didnā€™t. My mother did. I havenā€™t seen her since yesterday morning.

Tubridys will do the finest. Say hello to friend of the forum Tubs for us

+1.

Do NOT go to the Igoe.

Tubridys does pretty decent grub in the evening so I assume it is also good for lunch

Currently in Doolin. Just back from a swim in Fanore. Itā€™s my first time over in West Clare but itā€™s a lovely spot.

1 Like

Stopped in Spanish Point on the way for a pint in Johnny somethings and a look at the surf.
Went to Trumps for lunch. I was delighted with my sausage and mash (Ref. picture below) after reading the comments here, very very tasty. The staff were stern-faced the whole time and generally unfriendly. I was willing to let that slide until i was hit with am automatic 15% service charge onto the bill. Cunts.

Nicest beach in clare.

Itā€™s a first class venue. But overpriced, unfriendly and the food is hit and miss.