Fast Food

Have you your best tracksuit washed and ironed ahead of tomorrow?

I have my tackies pressed and ironed.
My socks are clean.
I have a new cap.

Daycent, kid… A gold chain or two and you’re elected.

It most certainly does and Madame agrees!

I remember in Glasgow you’d get a savage fish super for around £3. I ordered a large chicken portion one day, your man just pulled a full chicken out of the fridge, chopped it in half and threw it into the deep fat fryer. Proper grub.

1 Like

Glasgow is disgusting and the food is vile

3 Likes

Lovely food from the chipper there. Really hit the spot.

after a few pints were you?

1 Like

He’s from Limerick, pal it was fine dining in urban paradise to him.

1 Like

Can’t beat the battered lamb cutlets in Brissy mate, those scotch would batter any old shite

1 Like

Brizzy -beautiful one day perfect the next

1 Like

Nah man

I can’t remember my last one but I have a lot of time for McDonalds. On our interrailing trip in college we had a lovely tradition of frequenting there. We’d often get off a night train after a session in our couchettes half cut and would look straight for the Golden Arches. In every city you’d make sure to take a note of how they did things there, the local deviations which really let you know you’re abroad.

Some gave you your napkins and straws at the counter, some had an administration station for that. Some gave you free refills including at the Berlin Hauptbahnhof, where we ate 5 times during our 3 days in the city. It was a really exciting atmosphere in there with all the various travelers getting off the train at the Big Smoke and ready for their few days at business or pleasure. Prague had a few lovely meal varieties, you could get an 8 Nugget job there which was quite the revelation. Some serious looking women in there too, not like the ones you know well have hair lice in the Irish branches. All the local bars seemed to hire heiffers and let the young ones off to the menial jobs at the Yank corporation. My mate was so incensed at the Budapest branch that they didn’t do curry sauce that he managed to get chatting to an American one in the queue who he ended up riding.

Before the various fucking duffers in here who’ll claim they watched and actually enjoyed the Tree of Life, yes I know we behaved like thick Micks abroad. But fuck it, we were young with Ringsend incinerator standard metabolisms and ingested far worse shite that that on our trip. The poor continental students you get here would rather boil up some rank Koka noodles to save cash. We went out there and met the people, the real people.

7 Likes

This. Never. Happened

3 Likes

:rollseyes:

He has an awful problem.

Why the fuck would I lie you gobshite? We were hardly ducking into Michelin standard spots.

1 Like

:grinning:

Very well written anecdote

Much obliged.

Fuck sake mate, that’s as bad as the fella who went to New York and lived on omelettes from the same Greek diner an hour away from his hotel.

1 Like