Favourite Comedy/Sitcom

As the legendary scrubs is shortly coming to an end, its time to ask: what has been your favourite comedy of your generation?

for me scrubs would be up there with father ted as my favourite comedy.

[quote=“WhiskeyInTheJar”]As the legendary scrubs is shortly coming to an end, its time to ask: what has been your favourite comedy of your generation?

for me scrubs would be up there with father ted as my favourite comedy.[/quote]

why?

Only Fools and Horses for me up as far as 1996 where they got rich. The three episodes afterwards were utter muck though.

The Simpsons would also figure but it’s quality in recent years has taken a nosedive.

Other greats for me would be Fawlty Towers, Father Ted, Friends and The Office.

Family Guy is massively overrated and borders on plagiarism.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Only Fools and Horses for me up as far as 1996 where they got rich. The three episodes afterwards were utter muck though.

The Simpsons would also figure but it’s quality in recent years has taken a nosedive.

Other greats for me would be Fawlty Towers, Father Ted, Friends and The Office.

Family Guy is massively overrated and borders on plagiarism.[/quote]

The Office - how the fuck did i leave that out of the poll

[quote=“WhiskeyInTheJar”]As the legendary scrubs is shortly coming to an end, its time to ask: what has been your favourite comedy of your generation?

for me scrubs would be up there with father ted as my favourite comedy.[/quote]

scrubs up to season 4 was great, once they introduced that bint kylie it started going downhill,

You also left out Seinfeld, South Park and Cheers you mug

i didnt want too many options in the poll, hence the option for ‘other’

the list could have been endless

Scrubs certainly doesn’t merit inclusion on that list.

I’ll go with Father Ted myself with Faulty Towers a close second.

‘To Hull and Back’ now on G.O.L.D.

One of the finest hour and a half of comedy you are likely to see.

It’s Only Fools and Horses by the way.

fraiser should be on that list

No mention of the American Office, which is a superb comedy…

Peep show is also top class, very witty and well written…The two lads, Mitchell and Webb are excellent together

[quote=“The Puke”]No mention of the American Office, which is a superb comedy…
[/quote]

like i said before, the list could have been endless, thats why there is an ‘other’ option in the poll.

WITJ, the list would not have been endless you thick cunt, there is a finite amount of comedies produced so I fail to see how the list would be endless, it may hade been extensive but not endless

nothing beats bakersfield PD

south park trumps all that shit up there too
family guy is good but south park taking the piss out of it was spot on

all the brit comedies are tripe apart from the peep show & the inbetweeners

ffs, will you stop being so pernickety. you complained that i wasnt making a contribution to the forum. I try and you are still not happy.

[quote=“north county corncrake”]

all the brit comedies are tripe apart from the peep show & the inbetweeners[/quote]

good shouts :), I would also like to add Have I Got News For You, not a comedy per say, a satirical quiz show but extremely funny and has stood the test of time

:slight_smile:
sure there was a similar thread to this about a year ago…

good interview with ian hislop by mark lawson was on bbc3 last night-watch out for it again

I will, thanks for the heads up

Yeah this thread should be closed. A bit of a ‘comedy’ in itself.