Favourite Comedy/Sitcom

Seinfeld is amazing once you properly get into it. Really makes fun of all the simple quirks in everyday life and doesn’t go into the cheesey bullshit of Friends. Then you have characters like George, his Dad, Kramer and Newman to top it off.

It is strange how many Irish people can’t stand Seinfeld when it was primetime in the US for so many years.

[quote=“Rocko”]Oh no, not crude humour!

Prude.

It’s cracking.[/quote]

Alright lads, relax.

I don’t rate it.

Let it go.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Alright lads, relax.

I don’t rate it.

Let it go.[/quote]

Don’t mind those simpletons, Farmer, I don’t rate it either.

[quote=“Phil Leotardo”]
It is strange how many Irish people can’t stand Seinfeld when it was primetime in the US for so many years.[/quote]

hmm, different cultures perhaps, or maybe because it’s not funny

I have feiends who lived in america and laud it to the heavens, most of those who stayed at home think it’s utter gash

[quote=“artfoley”]hmm, different cultures perhaps, or maybe because it’s not funny

I have feiends who lived in america and laud it to the heavens, most of those who stayed at home think it’s utter gash[/quote]

I have watched a few episides of it over the years(before i got hooked on it) and thought it was fairly poor but once you watch four or five episodes of it and get into the flow of it it is excellent…couldn’t recommend it enough

[quote=“Phil Leotardo”]Seinfeld is amazing once you properly get into it. Really makes fun of all the simple quirks in everyday life and doesn’t go into the cheesey bullshit of Friends. Then you have characters like George, his Dad, Kramer and Newman to top it off.

It is strange how many Irish people can’t stand Seinfeld when it was primetime in the US for so many years.[/quote]

LOve Seinfeld myself as well. Heard jerry Seinfeld saying one day he thought the success of it was the golden rule in writing it " no hugging and no learning" great line.

€16.55 you couldn’t leave it there

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/256056/Seinfeld-Seasons-1-2-3-Box-Set/Product.html?ptsl=1&ob=Price&fb=0

[quote=“The Puke”]16.55 you couldn’t leave it there

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/256056/Seinfeld-Seasons-1-2-3-Box-Set/Product.html?ptsl=1&ob=Price&fb=0[/quote]

wanna bet ?:D:D

Watched all of Inbetweeners recently and it is very good indeed. Maybe getting a bit stale towards the end but probably only cos I watched them so close together. I think my favourite episode is where the lads mitch school and get locked and Simon pukes on the young lads head. Crude alright but funny crude. Jay is a legend.

Black Books box set in HMV this week for 14. Think it’s series 1 & 2. Great show.

Classic Blackadder On GOLD +1 now.

“Hey Bridesmaid, Like the beard. Gives me something to hang onto”

A terrible Father Ted on at the moment - Chris the Sheep.

:mad:

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]A terrible Father Ted on at the moment - Chris the Sheep.

:mad:[/quote]

Fuckin Hell!

:smiley: :clap:

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]A terrible Father Ted on at the moment - Chris the Sheep.

:mad:[/quote]

:rolleyes:

Classic Father Ted episode.

Strings to Brent’s bow:

A. Philantrophist.

Seinfeld is not funny. Its incredibly boring. Also, people who wear blue jeans with white running shoes, even in the 80’s, are just plain sad.

In saying that, Jerry Seinfled is currently doing adverts for the smallish building society here in Australia I have a mortgage with. Apparently he doesn’t do ads, but they chanced their arm, he liked the concept and didn’t ask for much money at all.

Just watched that episode again now with Juhy. Pure quality.

[quote=“Fitzy”]Seinfeld is not funny. Its incredibly boring. Also, people who wear blue jeans with white running shoes, even in the 80’s, are just plain sad.

In saying that, Jerry Seinfled is currently doing adverts for the smallish building society here in Australia I have a mortgage with. Apparently he doesn’t do ads, but they chanced their arm, he liked the concept and didn’t ask for much money at all.[/quote]

Back to the tard home with you. Cretin.

Has 30 Rock been mentioned on here? I’ve watched the first few episodes and so far it’s great. Very quotable. Alec Baldwin is a cracking character. Probably has a touch of the zany, off-the-wallness that Bandage hates. But fuck him.