Favourite Comedy/Sitcom

The Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee episode with Kramer is terrific. Genuinely moving when he talks about his racist tirade.

How can you like Curb and not sinfield? Thats just weird

I never said I didn’t like it, I’ve just never sat down and watched a full episode of it, have often seen it on TV mid-episode and just kept flicking channel. I only started watching Curb in the last couple of years on Sky Atlantic and didn’t know of the Larry David connection before that. I’ll prob give Seinfeld a go from the start once I’ve finished with Curb.

the comedy in Seinfeld is character driven so you have to watch a few episodes for it to be funny I think

George Costanza in Seinfeld is based on Larry David’s “real life” character

[quote=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 916637, member: 2272”]the comedy in Seinfeld is character driven so you have to watch a few episodes for it to be funny I think

George Costanza in Seinfeld is based on Larry David’s “real life” character[/quote]

Yeah, I’ve only ever seen a few mins of it here and there and didn’t really grasp what all the fuss was about, but then again I wasn’t familiar with any of the characters or the storyline.

Will definitely check it out from the start at some stage, although I doubt I will ever see anything funnier then Larry David playing himself.

I see poor Caroline Aherne is now battling lung cancer, having previously battled bladder and eye cancer. That doesn’t sound good.

This is on top of her suffering severe depression (including a suicide attempt) and alcoholism in the 1990s.

Tragic.

1 Like

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 944374, member: 24”]I see poor Caroline Aherne is now battling lung cancer, having previously battled bladder and eye cancer. That doesn’t sound good.

This is on top of her suffering severe depression (including a suicide attempt) and alcoholism in the 1990s.

Tragic.[/QUOTE]
Tragic indeed. Have a lot of time for her - she’s written and acted in some excellent stuff. Bit of an odd character too, seems like that fight with Craig Cash was a bit weird.

1 Like

For me the Royle Family is superb at times and not as good at other times. Either way it is still a triumph for her and Cash.

Interesting fact, Craig Cash is a cousin of Bonehead.

1 Like

Not that interesting mate - both are from Manchester.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 944374, member: 24”]I see poor Caroline Aherne is now battling lung cancer, having previously battled bladder and eye cancer. That doesn’t sound good.

Tragic.[/QUOTE]

I seem to remember peter hook and her boyfriend coming to blows and when the boyfriend got checked out at the hospital they found he had terminal cancer. Made hook look like a cunt

Latest episode of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee features Obama…

http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/president-barack-obama-just-tell-him-you-re-the-president

Since the death of Garry Shandling the other week I have started rewatching the Larry Sanders show

What a tremendous character Hank was.

Hey now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN9tCQsWkdY

1 Like

Doing the same, and have just come across the legendary Bob Odenkirk as Larry’s agent Stevie Grant :clap:

Incidentally, Shandling dated Linda Doucett, the blonde who plays Darlene, Hanks PA, for quite some time. When they split up, he had her tossed from the show. She sued and he settled for $1M out of court.

Two of the best shows ever made on Yesterday this evening, blackadder goes forth and yes minister :clap:

2 Likes

You sure it wasn’t tomorrow last night they were on? :grin:

Yes

Mrs Browns Boys voted greatest sitcom of the century so far by a Radio Times poll. What an achievement from one of this country’s alright sorts.

The Brits taking the piss again

Mrs Brown’s Boys (started 2011)
The Office (2001)
Peter Kay’s Car Share (2015)
Count Arthur Strong (2013)
The IT Crowd (2006)
The Thick Of It (2005)
Gavin & Stacey (2007)
Miranda (2009)
Raised By Wolves (2015)
Outnumbered (2007)
Peep Show (2003)
Black Books (2000)
Green Wing (2003)
The Inbetweeners (2008)
Bad Education (2012)
Peter Kay’s Phoenix Nights (2001)
Yonderland (2013)
Twenty Twelve/W1A (2011)
Benidorm (2007)
Detectorists (2014)

I haven’t seen a lot of them, but judging by the winners they must be some dross.

You’d get more laughs out of one episode of the IT Crowd than the entirety of Mrs Browns boys.
The fact that black books is below it, is all you need to know about the World in general.

1 Like