Favourite Comedy/Sitcom

Jesus from that list Iā€™ve seen all of the Office and Inbetweeners and bits of Peep Show, Black Books and the Thick of It. Thatā€™s it. Been meaning to watch all of Peep Show. Am I missing out on anything else from that list?

Definitely The IT Crowd. Outnumbered had some grand genteel laughs in it as well.
Other than that, nahā€¦ poor showing from the 21st century overall.

1 Like

Peep Show is brilliant. The thick of it is fantastic as well.

Bad Education is passable if you are flicking through the channels and you donā€™t want to engage your brain. Gavin & Stacey similar.

Iā€™ve seen about 5 minutes of Benidorm and Iā€™m confident in making a call that itā€™s terrible. Iā€™ve seen a few episodes of Phoenix Nights and I didnā€™t know what to make of it. Not my type of humour I donā€™t think.

No idea what the rest of them are either.

1 Like

Mrs Browns Boys is schlock for the masses but fair fucks to O Carroll, he took a long long road to overnight success. When you think of the radio shows, direct to video movies, draw shows, etc, he worked damn hard to get this success. His audience likes it and good for him.

The Office I have equally little time for but that cunt Gervais can FOAD.

Gavin and Stacey was a good show, not hilariously funny but good characters that are well developed and decent enough drama.
The office was outstanding, Phoenix nights was a great show, black books decent.

I donā€™t watch comedy much nowadays so canā€™t comment on most of the others as Iā€™ve only seen bits.

Catastrophe is by a country mile better than every single one of them.

3 Likes

Never seen it.

Missing out. Probably funniest TV show iv seen. Serious laugh out loud stuff

Far far too close to the bone sometimes. And wonā€™t be gotten by a large portion of their demographic.

1 Like

Ridiculously close to the bone!

I see sheā€™s gotten a show on HBO starting soon

You never stray far from the rugby crowd Gil.

Far far more talented than the brother!

Same jaw though.

Harsh. You definitely would

Good body alright, but the spit of Shane.

I watched one episode and wasnā€™t that gone on it, the mothe in law was over from the states and they were having a party of some sort, one of the kids went missing,
Was that just a poor episode? Iā€™ve heard itā€™s fantastic but it didnā€™t seem great to me.

Need to watch it from start to understand the dynamic I think

1 Like

Second Series of Phoenix Nights was class. Havenā€™t seen Early Doors mentioned, Craig Cash show, always enjoyed it.

Just watched trailer there. One to watch with the missus.