Favourite Comedy/Sitcom

Alan Partridge is another show Iā€™ll have to give a go considering I have all the DVDs at hand to watch it. Iā€™ve seen bits and pieces of it and it looks quality.

looks like scrubs is going to continue for a 9th season.

Zach Braff (JD) has been signed up to appear in 6 episodes of the new season. most of the other cast members are coming back too.

[quote=ā€œWhiskeyInTheJarā€]looks like scrubs is going to continue for a 9th season.

Zach Braff (JD) has been signed up to appear in 6 episodes of the new season. most of the other cast members are coming back too.[/quote]
Are you still here?

Anyone else on here a fan of Pullingā€¦Fucking gas show, written by Shane Horganā€™s sister

An hour special on BBC 3 now for anyone that has never seen it, well worth a watch

[quote=ā€œThe Pukeā€]Anyone else on here a fan of Pullingā€¦Fucking gas show, written by Shane Horganā€™s sister

An hour special on BBC 3 now for anyone thta has never seen it, well worth a watch[/QUOTE]

Yep, Iā€™m a fan of this one alright Pukey.

Tried to get into Pulling, isnt bad, just not great.

Coupling, that was a great comedy.

I finished up the last episode of Peep Show last night. Genius show. I canā€™t wait for Series 6, filming starts next month. DVD sales kept the show alive. A 7th season has also been commissioned. Nice one!

Sweet. Great show altogether. Super Hans and Alan Johnson are two of the best secondary characters ever.

Is the Arrested Development movie still on the cards? Michael Cera holding it up last I heard.

Im Owen McGlove and Iā€™ll do what I want.

Great episode (well they all are really) of Ft. Ted on RT 2 right now.

Watching a good bit of curb your enthusiasm lately. Fucking hell that show is genius. Have to get the box sets.

:thumbsup::pint:

Curb is a noble show alright, so simple but works brilliantlyā€¦Must watch a bit of seinfeld and see is it as goodā€¦

Yes. 1st 5-6 seasons anyway

Same kind of idea. Used to be a big fan of it but donā€™t think itā€™s as good as curb. Trys a bit too hard.

Anyone watch King Of Queens, probably not a classic but is great auld way to kill an hour during the afternoonā€¦Jerry Stiller is a legendā€¦

Just looking at the results of this and I see Father Ted has won the best comedy of our generation (presumably the 9 for Other included different comedies).

That is wrong. Hillarious in spells but ordinary enough in other spells.

Also, Ardal Oā€™Hanlon was quite poor in it I always though. Morgan and Kelly were very good in fairness.

Len Brennan was the best character.

:thumbsup:

[quote=ā€œfarmerinthecityā€]Just looking at the results of this and I see Father Ted has won the best comedy of our generation (presumably the 9 for Other included different comedies).

Also, Ardal Oā€™Hanlon was quite poor in it I always though. Morgan and Kelly were very good in fairness.

Len Brennan was the best character.[/quote]

Iā€™d say the parts that are hilarious are the best comedy Iā€™ve ever seen by a long way though.

Craggy Island parochial house has a framed photo of Maurice Setters and Jack Charlton from World Cup '90 on the mantelpiece. Dougal wears a '96 Ireland jersey in bed. Those two things swing it for me.

And Fintan Stack was the best character.

[quote=ā€œfarmerinthecityā€]Just looking at the results of this and I see Father Ted has won the best comedy of our generation (presumably the 9 for Other included different comedies).

Len Brennan was the best character.[/quote]

Wouldnā€™t go along with that, Iā€™d say Dougal is ten times funnier a character than Jack.

American Office episode where Phyllis gets flashed is on now. Smashing stuff. :smiley: