Favourite Dublin Pub that won't exist again

Confirmed.

I am liking the Oarsman of late and we have moved our Thursday club there for the time being which has just reminded me that it is Thursday and I’m going for pints tonight-whoop-de-whoop.

Chaplins on Hawkins street is very near Mulligans. An old style boozer and I often nip in there for a beverage. Big Tipperary custom in there. Plenty of pictures of Nicky English, Niall Quinn, The viking etc on the walls

There is a nice little nest of pubs around that area. Mulligans, Chaplins and Doyles are all quality boozers.

[quote=“kerry1891, post: 12436”]

Chaplins on Hawkins street is very near Mulligans. An old style boozer and I often nip in there for a beverage. Big Tipperary custom in there. Plenty of pictures of Nicky English, Niall Quinn, The viking etc on the walls
[/quote]There’d be more chance of Flano going to a gay bar than into that Muldoon infested hellhole.

Used to love? Have you fallen out of love with the Hut Fagan?

I often had a few pints in there. Not a bad juicer. I remember in my early days in Dublin, Doyle’s at Doyle’s corner used to be a decent juicer. Used to have a few in there before heading down to McGowans! Seems to be a rough element frequenting in more recent years.

jez thats a bit harsh Fagan

[quote=“kerry1891, post: 12439”]

Used to love? Have you fallen out of love with the Hut Fagan?

I often had a few pints in there. Not a bad juicer. I remember in my early days in Dublin, Doyle’s at Doyle’s corner used to be a decent juicer. Used to have a few in there before heading down to McGowans! Seems to be a rough element frequenting in more recent years.[/quote]

I don’t get out much. I haven’t set foot in the Hut in twenty years. I’d struggle to identify a pub I could claim to frequent.

How you left Bowes out of that lush I will never know

I was in there once on a pub crawl and it didn’t leave much of a mark on me. That’s the only time I’ve been there. I have heard good things about it but didn’t include it as I have not had sufficient personal experience of the pub.

the barge portabello…niiiiiiccce!!!

Go in and have a pint of guinness one of the days…mother of God it changed my appreciation for the black stuff

Bowes is a grand boozer alright…i fookin hate mulligans…has more a reputation than anything else…too many knobs there trying too hard to be old skool…had a few run ins with barmen there too over nothing more than high jinx…Fallons there near Francis street was a good place to get lost in for a day and not be bothered…The Dragon in tallaght village is a great boozer…great pint and great characters in it too…jacobs in saggart is another fine spot…

Will do.

+1

I am with you on Mulligans. Cant see what the fuss is about. I think its just because Con Houlihan drank in there and knobs think it is cool to say they drink in there. Its an okay pub no more no less

Doyles near Trinity? Say it ain’t so farmer. Anyone ever drank in O’Neills on Pearse St. Spotted it this evening on the train, never noticed it before.

Personal favourites are Keoghs and Reillys.

you ever drink in the 4 tits (two sisters) out wainsfort templeogue SS ?..stopped in there one day years ago and it seemed grand…was in there about 4 months ago for only the second time and it was wall to wall with Leinster rugby jersey wearing jocks in their mid 40´s dipping in and out of the adjacent paddy powers to throw money on any horse Ruby was riding…a disgraceful turnaround in fortune for what seemed like a once decent pub…or was it always that way?..

Hard to beat this any time, but especially after a match.

Decent enough place this. Owned by the family of Karen Woods, Sean Quinn Junior’s wife.

The Dame Tavern? I’m finished with that place so.