Favourite Dublin Pub that won't exist again

I like O´Neills during the day and week nights…a few tourists float in now again but its grand…on fridays night it can be packed full of the office crowd
Keoghs is the same as Mulligans for me…totally over rated and everyone cramed in and beer being spilled everywhere…there´s about 5 seats in the whole place…If i¨m around grafton street the Dame tavern is the only place to head for…

a decent a bloke you´ll meet runs that place…its irrelevant who his daughter married…

The Dame Tavern is a small non-descript nothing of a pub surely?

Have had a hugh nice hints in The Sackville over the years.

are they not the best ones ??..

Pubs that I liked that I think were ruined were O’Neills on Suffolk Street which was a great place to go on an all day bender in the 80s, Doheny and nesbitts which those Offaly cunts destroyed, the original Dawson Lounge and the original Temple Bar. Noctors in Sheriff St is and always was a great boozer and the Public Bar in the Sheds in Clontarf but not the lounge which was full of cunts. Harry Byrnes was another place chock full of cunts. The Beachcomber was the ultimate suburban shithole. The Long Hall was always a solid spot. In the pre aids days the Viking was an eye opener for a young lad up from the country and the depravity on view was eye opening but wouldn’t be tolerated now, I suspect.

I used to be a quasi-regular in the Bohemian across the road.

Yes Doyles near Trinity. Great pint and decent tunes.

I used to drink a lot in O’ Neills in Pearse St and it was a lovely pub before they turned it into a fucking carvery.

harry byrnes is a jocks bar alrite…the beacher is a rotten pub…actually don´t mind the Pebble beach pub just off the coast road…the Lincoln pub on way to pearse street station was a great pub that totally lost its charm when its was modernised…

The Bohemian was originally part of the Mooney chain of pubs and was known as the Bohemian Mooney, like the Parnell Mooney. Parnell Mooney was also a councillor played by Frank Kelly in Halls Pictorial Weekly.

Yes normally I’d agree but it doesn’t really much character? Anyway I will not patronise it again until Peter Darragh Quinn is brought to justice.

Did you ever drink in the old White Horse Inn? They have really made an utter cunt of that place.

Upstairs was a solid spot for boozing and general idiocy in my late teens and later in my college days.

It changed ownership about 4 years back. Went big into the food market. Changed the decor. I used to be a regular as I lived in the area. Was a smashing boozer. Watched the 2005 Champions League final in there.

It was the Bohemian Clancy when I first started going there, then McGeogh’s, I think it’s just the Bohemian now? Haven’t been in there in over two years.

Walsh’s in Stoneybatter which I think was the last men only pub in Dublin was a great pub. I used to go out with a lovely girl from Stoneybatter (to this day I regret breaking it off with her and I still yearn for her) and I used to stop in Walsh’s for a pint and a half one after dropping her home.

That’s O’Neills on Pearse St now and not the one on Suffolk St? You’ll nearly always get seats upstairs in Keoghs

were u ever in Rosie O Gradys in harold´s cross?..the most depressing pub in the fookin world…half the lads in there stinks of a damp bedsit !!!.. :lol:

Yes. I think it was the pub that destroyed Flann O Brien. He spent every waking hour in there.

yeah o´neills pearse street…on the corner …grand spot…i just don´t like keoghs tbh so use any excuse to get people in my company to leave…

Used to go there for food quite a lot. Never went out there at night. Now that you mention it it was quite dark and dingy.