Favourite Dublin Pub that won't exist again

u remember the croppy acre Fagan?..fookin kip !!..or the Def Judge over the other side of the quays ?..

Really?!!

I’ve often been happy just to get a comfortable place to stand.

I like the pub though. Great pint. Good service. Bit of atmosphere. The odd bit of talent floating about.

The Shakespeare in Parnell Street…lovely hostelry

thnk the Blue haven over templeogue bridge was one of last places to fold and allow women into the bar…Moss keane used to be in there skulling pints back in the day…great pint of stout there…

that looks like one rough boozer…few boozers down talbot street and near connolly station i wouldn´t go into ina hurry…

Agree with all that. Seats usually handy if I’m out with Mrs Mac. The barmen will usually know your round fairly quickly too which is only a small thing but makes a massive difference. I really like Nearys too.

Where is this “Keogh’s” place?

It’s destroyed itself now imho.

I don’t like Keogh’s much. Gets too busy for my liking. Hate Bruxelles too. McDaid’s across the road is alright, the barman is sound and I often discuss the horses he has in training with him.

I like The International but I hate The Duke.

Kehoes, whatever

Fallons is supposedly to be a serious spot, must try that place in Saggart since the woman is out that direction.

Prefer the pint in Bowes to mulligans and the barmen in Bowes are alright sorts

Someone informed me recently that o’briens near the lesson lounge is supposedly a great spot for guinness? Had never heard of it til then?

I passed Quinns in Drumcondra last night, I see it is open again, that didn’t take long.

saw it open last week as well mbb… dunno whats goign on…i heard the rent is 50k…and that the tenant is 250k behind but this is all hearsay…

Pint of lager in The 51 will remain at a paltry €5. Pint of lager in Smyth’s across the road has been increased to €5.20. The sacrifice we made in boycotting The 51 in 2008-09 has not been in vain. Us rebels have won.

Scandalous pricing by both establishments. I bet Ryan’s Beggars Bush is cheaper than both.

Always an excellently priced pint in a fine establishment.

The name “Ryan” is always a sure sign of a good Dublin pub.

To be fair mate, you’d pay the extra few cents to not have to smell the old woman piss off the carpet in Ryan’s.

you have “a woman”?

Fagan,

I was in your old juicer The Hut Friday evening. Went in around 515. No sign of a recession in The Hut - just one big session. The guts of 40 gentleman present juicing. Business was brisk. Not many women present though. in fact there was none!

Fagan,

I was in your old juicer The Hut Friday evening. Went in around 515. No sign of a recession in The Hut - just one big session. The guts of 40 gentleman present juicing. Business was brisk. Not many women present though. in fact there was none!