Favourite Dublin Pub that won't exist again

Conroys:cool:

Is tomorrow night likely to be busy out in town? I’m going for a meal in the general Temple Bar area and would like to find a nice quiet pub that I will get a place to sit down at about 10pm?

You haven’t a hope mate. Last big Thursday night before Xmas. You’ll need to head away from city centre or else find a place that’s quiet for a good reason.

You’re fucked on that one I’d say. Pop into the Palace though, seeing as that mug @glasagusban has never heard of it, you’ll at least be comforted by the knowledge that you won’t have to bump into that imbecile.

The other option would be an unpopular hipster joint where you can get over the awkward silence with your date by playing a game of snakes and ladders

So tomorrow night will be heaving?

Tonight is heaving

With a bit of luck for you

What’s that meant to mean, mate?

That you’ll be heaving into her mate. Apologies if I’ve jumped the gun and tomorrow night is all about holding hands.

Holding hands would be great.

Go for it mate, what’s the worst that can happen?

What’s she like mate? Girls love vintage cocktail club in temple bar. Ye could pop in there for a cocktail after dinner. Actually, it might be a bit too much with dinner beforehand as well, ignore that. Head up onto one of the pubs on dame st, there’s a couple quiet old man type pubs along there that shouldn’t be too nuts.

Its becoming more and more apparent as to why you’re struggling to get a woman

Vintage cocktail club or dame street? I’m ready to takes notes here @Mac.

Actually, if there are enough of them scattered around, they tend to clear out the fucking knackers and scum from the decent pubs, and clear the air for the more discerning drinker.
If there are only a few, pray they don’t open in your area as the scrotes are like flies on a shite, and the trouble that follows tarnishes the whole neighbourhood.

[QUOTE=“flattythehurdler, post: 1058992, member: 1170”]Actually, if there are enough of them scattered around, they tend to clear out the fucking knackers and scum from the decent pubs, and clear the air for the more discerning drinker.
If there are only a few, pray they don’t open in your area as the scrotes are like flies on a shite, and the trouble that follows tarnishes the whole neighbourhood.[/QUOTE]
You’d certainly hope that would be a positive to come out of it. The place in Blackrock is jammers most nights of the week and the local pubs are losing customers though, hopefully its only a novelty element that will wear off.

They’ve targeted their areas pretty well in fairness with first Blackrock and another one opening this week at the old Forty Foot in Dun Laoghaire. A large proportion of the locals would be west Brits and would delight in sitting in a soulless English rathole of a pub.

I thought you lived out that way mate?

When will they open in GCD?

[QUOTE=“Mac, post: 1059052, member: 109”]I thought you lived out that way mate?

When will they open in GCD?[/QUOTE]
You thought wrong, Mac.

I doubt there is a market for it in GDC but nothing would surprise me these days, mate.