Favourite Dublin Pub that won't exist again

[QUOTE=“Horsebox, post: 1059058, member: 1537”]You thought wrong, Mac.

I doubt there is a market for it in GDC but nothing would surprise me these days, mate.[/QUOTE]

GDC?

Sorry, mate. Head not in the game this morning.

Dun Laoghaire would certainly provide a large number of scrotes and scummers. Walking down Georges St on a Thursday is like something out of a zombie movie, with the costumes done by JD Sports. I imagine that once the Forty Foot gets up and running, places like Scotts and The Cosy will experience a loss of “clientèle”.

A few of us who were in college together in wales are meeting up in Dublin Saturday. First time we are all back in Ireland. Any recommendations? I’ve suggested chaplains to start as I think its a great pub for a few pints to start the day.

Chaplin’s ideal alright. For Tipp roasters like ourselves, that is :):pint::pint::pint:

Chaplins is a toppin’ little pub. Ideal for watching a match or having a couple of pints when everywhere is town in packed. Mighty pint in there too.

A bit of a smell of a hospital in the place but sure what the fuck.

Where is Chaplin’s?

Between poolbeg street and trinity. No idea what the street is called

Hawkins St I think. Not a bad pint of stout in it too. They do some 2 euro deal on Tuesday with comedy but prob not tonight.

Near Mulligans?

Walk down D’olier Street from O’Connell Bridge. Take left to head toward Long Stone. Take an immediate left to walk back towards the quays. Chaplins is on the left (back of D’Olier Street kinda).

The baggot inn is a tequila bar called xico now. I think it’ll be a mexican food menu in the new year or something. They’ve put a load of metal prison bars up around the place which is presumably evocative of the high crime rate in mexico or something.

I’ve never been to Chaplins but I do enjoy boozing in that area so I’ll check it out after my next visit to the area.

Been in Toners a lot lately and I have to say it’s a top bar. :pint::pint:

[QUOTE=“Julio Geordio, post: 1061197, member: 332”]The baggot inn is a tequila bar called xico now. I think it’ll be a mexican food menu in the new year or something. They’ve put a load of metal prison bars up around the place which is presumably evocative of the high crime rate in mexico or something.

I’ve never been to Chaplins but I do enjoy boozing in that area so I’ll check it out after my next visit to the area.

Been in Toners a lot lately and I have to say it’s a top bar. :pint::pint:[/QUOTE]

The beer garden out the back is top notch. Was there last Thursday.

Fuck Dublin. I was Flas on Catherine St, Flannerys on Shannon St and Phil Flannerys last night. Up Limerick.

Lads would be worried about Wetherspoons. Sure the Flannery’s have had Limerick sown up for years.

I had a few pints in The Goat Inn Las weekend. Nice lively pub and a decent pint in there

Yeah - I’m a fan. Sound barmen and a good pint.

down the side of the screen cinema

awful spot…more like a restaurant than your real Irish pub IMHO…

I’m in Phil Flannerys now if anyone wants to drop in.