Favourite Dublin Pub that won't exist again

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 1061124, member: 24”]Chaplins is a toppin’ little pub. Ideal for watching a match or having a couple of pints when everywhere is town in packed. Mighty pint in there too.

A bit of a smell of a hospital in the place but sure what the fuck.[/QUOTE]

A smashing pint it must said. They’d a fee craft beers in there the last time I was home. As you said its an ideal spot when everywhere else is full. Phil always looks after you too.

+1

grand spot

[QUOTE=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 1061347, member: 686”]+1

grand spot[/QUOTE]

I know the son of one of the fellas that owns it. A great little spot.

One of my favourite pubs in Dublin along with Ryan’s, Devitts,Rea’s and Toner’s. I was in Kelly’s by store st last stephen’s day while waiting on a bus. Interesting clientele but a great pint.

Disappointing to see my beloved Ned’s in the news for the wrong reasons.

Still should save it from the hipsters for another while

1 Like

I love the use of the word revellers to describe people drinking in a pub at 12-30 of a Wednesday afternoon

3 Likes

The Shakespeare Inn…a legendary pub of Old Dublin!

As is my tradition when attending games in Croker, I was in The Celt again on Saturday evening and aside from the signed picture of Curly Watts disappearing it is still as noble a boozer as ever.

Great buzz in the place, decent irish band playing and top quality bar staff. What more would you want?

I ended in in Bruxelles with two Antrim Gaels who were probably in the RA at some point in the recent past :beers:

2 Likes

Bruxelles is a grand spot also.

1 Like

The two boyos were in their mid to late 40s and reckoned it was a serious spot for pulling women of a similar vintage

Did you ask them if they know @bandage?

So long as Noel wasnt about the place burning the ear off people

:see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

Has anyone had a pint in the Brendan Behan yet? Charming looking pub recently opened on Dublin’s northside. Shame @Fagan_ODowd isn’t around to give us the low down.

1 Like

Whereabouts is it?

Near Croke Park pal, used to he called the Sunset House or something like that.

2 Likes

Free shots in there?

Sunset House :smile:

Lovely spot

Not Neds too ye bastards

Is nothing sacred?

Faceless bastards of investment groups.

They always have ridiculous names as well.

“Tetrarch”.

FFS sake.