Favourite Pogues Song

Not much warmth in that top for over the Christmas.

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

It’s been done:

1 Like

what cool people

I gave a few months myself in tan land in the mid nineties and came home swearing that if I ever went back it’d be with Semtex to bomb it back to the Stone Age. Within a few weeks Clare had won the all Ireland for the first time in living memory and the greater Satan had revealed himself.

3 Likes

Good point in there about that way we describe travellers today being almost identical to the way the Irish were portrayed in England and America in the past.

On the money :+1:.
The paddies I knew in London begged stole and borrowed in the main. Oireland only wants to know about succes stories though and not the embarrassments.

1 Like

This is what really gets on my wick when Irish people are anti foreigner. Our country wouldn’t exist without emigration.

1 Like

The story of fairytale of New York is on bbc4 at 10. Will have a small drop while watching

1 Like

Some song.

2 Likes

“Your the measure of my dreams” is the greatest song lyric of all time :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

MacGowan. Genius.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Closer is a pretty good shout too mind

1 Like
4 Likes

And the last time I’ll saw you was down by the Greeks
There was whiskey on Sunday and tears on our cheeks.

2 Likes

Tough one. Thousands are sailing, Sally McLennane, and the band played waltzing matilda. It depends on the mood.

1 Like

Have to say I find it an awful dragging dirge. The song you never went to hear launched into in a singsong