Favourite Sporting Moment

I am atmosphere.

[quote=“Bandage”]Great stuff Gavin 2. Gavin 1 would be proud of you. :thumbsup:

I remember staying behind to listen to Dunne’s speech that day as I was thinking it might be the last time we’d get to see the great man in action what with him having retired from inter-county the year before. Yet the legend was still playing last season.[/QUOTE]

I’m sure it ranks amongst one of his top moments too!

Yeah that was one of my top moments anyway, one of the low moments involve Liam Dunne aswell, after the replay with Cork in 03 i was already sitting back after the match, disappointed, then i looked down on the pitch and saw Liam going to get his son Billy, brought him on to the pitch and went around shaking everyones hand and looking around taking it all in as he knew it was his last match for the Purple & Gold. Diarmuid O Sullivan actually went over to billy then and gave him his jersey. All this while that song ‘May We Never Have To Say Goodbye’ was being played over Croker.

Gut wrenching stuff.

Gavin, stop making me cry! Again, I was paying close attention to Dunne at the end as I knew it was his last game for us - nice touch by O’Sullivan so it was.

Thats something that frustrates me, bandage knows me too i think and i don’t know who either of you or anyone is.

Was great win for Oulart alright, the win against the Martins the following year was sweet too, went down to 14 men after Paul Roche was sent off after a brawl, and were on the ropes at that stage but managed to beat them in the end. Dunno if anyone of you remember it, but there was a lad called lar pender playing wing back that day, he scored possible one of the best points i have ever seen. Puck out came his way, batted it down ran on picked it up and straight over from about 80 yards on the sideline, the roar that went up after that was class, think it was the equalising point.

Bandage is Larry O’Gorman.
I am NCC.

[quote=“KIB man”]Was at beer cup final last year. Worst sporting occasion I was ever at. Thankfully they let you drink at rugby games as at least we had something to do. I felt sorry for the saps who were faking enthusiasm around us.
[/QUOTE]

Why the fuck would you bother your hole going to it so? Could you not just have gone to the pub? Deary me…

I guess you would have to go to find that out first :mad:

You don’t like Rugby. Why would you go to the Beer cup final? So that you can give out about how shit it was?

All rugby football games are shit unless they involve Leinster and/or Brian O’Drsicoll.

I’m an openminded guy. I heard the atmosphere was spine tingling at these big ruggerfests so I decided to check it out. Throw in a free ticket and a lift to Cardiff and back, it seemed like a good deal.

It was pathetic.

Was up in Dublin before to see a Monster game, a few mates came up and gave me a ticket so headed along. They played some French side that didnt try a leg and it was a quarter final or something. I left with about 15 mins to go. The game was a sell out and you could hear a pin drop for the most of it.

[quote=“KIB man”]I’m an openminded guy. I heard the atmosphere was spine tingling at these big ruggerfests so I decided to check it out. Throw in a free ticket and a lift to Cardiff and back, it seemed like a good deal.

It was pathetic.

Was up in Dublin before to see a Monster game, a few mates came up and gave me a ticket so headed along. They played some French side that didnt try a leg and it was a quarter final or something. I left with about 15 mins to go. The game was a sell out and you could hear a pin drop for the most of it.[/QUOTE]

You should have learned your leason the first time.

I used to go along and watch Connacht a bit when I was doing my degree. You’d get a fair crowd along most nights but my god it was awful muck. Nine or ten big fuckers lying on a ball, ball pops out and some other big fucker dives in beside them. Terrible to watch. Sure you can’t even see the ball for the majority of the game.

[quote=“Gavin 2”]Thats something that frustrates me, bandage knows me too i think and i don’t know who either of you or anyone is.

Was great win for Oulart alright, the win against the Martins the following year was sweet too, went down to 14 men after Paul Roche was sent off after a brawl, and were on the ropes at that stage but managed to beat them in the end. Dunno if anyone of you remember it, but there was a lad called lar pender playing wing back that day, he scored possible one of the best points i have ever seen. Puck out came his way, batted it down ran on picked it up and straight over from about 80 yards on the sideline, the roar that went up after that was class, think it was the equalising point.[/QUOTE]

We all know who you are :mad:

:thumbsup:

KIB is always a couple of steps ahead of the rest of the slopmonkeys

you have a degree:eek: a first class honours in been a smug know it all moron?

Would love to have been at this

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

KIB is always a couple of steps ahead of the rest of the slopmonkeys[/QUOTE]

Spending money going to something you dont like?

Sounds like the actions of a first class mong idiot to me.

[ame=This actually put the hairs standing up on the back of my neck.

The cheer at 9 seconds is incredible and then the rendition of that amazing song.

]6RbcNe3Bxbs[/ame]