Ferry Incident in Cork

I see that Gardai have now arrested a man in his 30’s in relation to the incident. Any of the Cork based posters have anymore info on this? Seems like an odd one.

Garda have arrested a man in connection with yesterday’s incident in which a car slipped from a ferry on the River Lee in Co Cork.

Two men were in the car when it plunged from the ferry as it approached Carrigaloe last night.

A Polish man in his early 30s was rescued from the water and taken to Cork University Hospital for observation, but the other man is still missing.

A man in his 30s was detained this morning in connection with the incident and is being questioned at Cobh Garda Station.

Meanwhile, a major search is continuing for the missing man.

Only heard it on the news this morning. Often take the ferry, great service home in fairness

Does that ferry take foot passengers Locke, or is it vehicles and passengers only?

Very fishy stuff this, I would be of the thought that the accident was the drivers fault and that it had nothing to do with the ferry operator.

Good thread, meant to ask about this. Presumed it was a straightforward accident originally but now who knows what the fuck happened? Shane Travers might have some idea.

They’re an accident prone bunch, the Poles, aren’t they? There’s way more of us yet almost every week it seems one of them has done themselves a mischief so bad it makes the national news.

Indeed I’m friendly with one Pole who was run over a few years ago, soon after he’d arrived here and is still in a wheelchair.

[quote=“BenShermin”]Does that ferry take foot passengers Locke, or is it vehicles and passengers only?

[/quote]

It takes foot and bike passengers too but it’s a bit out of the way, especially if you were on foot. Close to Monkstown and Passage with the Great Island and Cobh on the other side.

Anybody any more information on how the car actually slipped off the Ferry? The gardai have released that fella they were questioning without charge.

from the clips of the ferry on the news it doesn’t seem remotely possible to slip off the thing.
acting the bollix seems the obvious answer here

[quote=“BenShermin”]Does that ferry take foot passengers Locke, or is it vehicles and passengers only?
.[/quote]

Typical Ben only caring about the ferry itself. :slight_smile:

Ah yeah fook the immigrants, plenty more where they came from.