Films you watch when they're on wether you've seen them 1000 times

https://x.com/redtraccoon/status/1738730056346636531?s=46&t=bi9TPLB4aIa07RQv_xWOxQ

1 Like

https://twitter.com/atrightmovies/status/1738869932341743755?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

1 Like

She’s a funny lady.

Excellent in Motherland.

3 Likes

Rocky 4 on itv4

That passed a few hours while I’m waiting on the young lad to fall asleep

1 Like

Roadhouse is on Ch 5 now.Unrale.

2 Likes

Ah class

Pity about the ads

Some Like It Hot

A masterpiece

6 Likes

The San Gennaro festival is underway and young corleone is about to step up

4 Likes

Ryan Gosling Cheers GIF

3 Likes

I’ve a massive grá for The Cable Guy, an under appreciated classic that holds up to this day

—-

First-time screenwriter Lou Holtz Jr. had the idea for “The Cable Guy” (1996) while working as a prosecutor in Los Angeles, declaring that he once saw a cable company employee in the hallway of his mother’s apartment building and started thinking, “What’s he doing here so late?” The screenplay became the subject of a bidding war, won by Columbia Pictures at a price of $750,000. The role of the Cable Guy was originally written for Chris Farley, who turned it down due to scheduling difficulties. Adam Sandler was also considered for the role of the Cable Guy.

Jim Carrey joined the production, receiving a then record $20 million to star. Following Carrey’s signing, Columbia hired Judd Apatow to produce. The studio rebuffed Apatow’s interest in directing, but accepted his suggestion to invite Ben Stiller, star of his eponymous show on which Apatow had worked. Stiller was also considered to play the Cable Guy.

The original screenplay by Holtz was a lighter comedy, described by Apatow as “a ‘What About Bob?’ (1991) annoying friend movie” where the Cable Guy was a likeable loser who intrudes upon the cable subscriber’s life, but never in a physically threatening way. Carrey, Apatow, and Stiller liked the setup of “somebody who is really smart with technology invading somebody’s life”, and opted to add slapstick and darker tones, changing into a satire of thrillers such as “Cape Fear” (1962/1991), “Unlawful Entry” (1992), and “The Hand That Rocks the Cradle” (1992). The dialogue would also fit Carrey’s style of comedy.

Holtz wrote four additional drafts, each one darker than the previous, before leaving the project and giving Apatow the opportunity to take over the writing. Apatow and Stiller visited Carrey as he was filming “Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls” (1995) in South Carolina, and over a few days, riffed a lot of the set pieces that were added to the script, and further explored how Carrey wanted to perform the character. Apatow took the film to the Writers Guild for arbitration to get a writing credit but ultimately Holtz retained sole credit for the script. Apatow expressed frustration at not getting credit but acknowledged that as he was also a producer on the film, the Writers Guild requirements are set very high to protect writers.

The final script had elements so disturbing that Columbia heard many complaints regarding certain scenes. In turn, Apatow declared that the studio did not specifically order removals, “but we took [the scenes] out as part of the natural evolution of our creative process.” Stiller stated that he shot every scene with “a dark version and a light version,” and that he was surprised that the studio did not object to the violent ending.

While filming of the scene in which The Cable Guy plays basketball, it became obvious that Carrey could barely dribble a basketball, let alone make a basket. Stiller had Carrey mime the action without a ball, and VFX added the basketball in post-production. When Carrey’s stunt double dunked the basketball, the backboard shattered on his face and chest. The backboard glass was supposed to fall backwards. “The pyrotechnics didn’t work the right way and pushed all the glass the wrong way, so the guy got fired on the spot”, Keith Gibbs, the basketball coordinator remembered. “I think, in the actual scene, they ended up using it.”

Fast Times at Ridgemont High

fast times at ridgemont high mr hand GIF

fast times at ridgemont high swimming GIF

Interested Peeping Tom GIF

1 Like

Edge of Tomorrow

1 Like

Police Academy

Started Comedy Central at 9pm.

“ great fucking movie “

An array of brilliant characters

What was the name of yer wan with the big tits and shades?

Edit sergeant Callahan

1 Like

Listened to a podcase recently about Eastbound and Down and it mentioned a movie I hadn’t thought of in years, so I’m keeping an eye out for Major League. I dont see it streaming in the usual places, and couldnt be arsed pay for it or torrent it. I havent seen it in decades, be curious to see how it looks now.

Willlllllllllllld thinggggggggggggg.