Panathinaikos, Greece 56.632
VfB Stuttgart 1893, Germany 45.339

UNSEEDED

Fiorentina, Italy 42.581
Atletico Madrid, Spain 41.853
Celtic, Scotland 40.575
Anderlecht, Belgium 32.065
FC Timisoara, Romania 7.781

Fourth round losers directly enter the UEFA Europa League group stages. Winners enter the UEFA Champions League group stages.

So in order of preference from Celtic perspective who would you want. My order would be:

1. Panathinaikos
  2. Sporting
  3. Stuttgart
  4. Lyon
  5. Arsenal

Sporting
Pana
Lyon
Stuttgart
The Arse

Dont fear anyone lads.

Someone lock this thread.

When’s the draw?

:rolleyes:

Can i help you?

Tomorrow at 11

Thanks Lar.

Does anyone have any information on Celtic’s potential opponents? I’ll do some research later but fill in the blanks please, gentlemen.

Arsenal - They’re an English team, as far as I know. I imagine they play an aerial and combative type style. George Graham is a very wily manager and John Jensen is their best player.

Lyon - sold Benzema and Juninho. Bought Lisandro Lopes from Porto and some other cunt.

Stuttgart - sold Mario Gomez to FC Bayern. Bought the lad from Zenit, have Hleb on loan and signed some other cunt too.

Pana - bought Djibril Cisse, not sure who else they have.

Sporting - have looked beatable in recent campaigns, have Caicedo on loan from Manchester City, still have Veloso and Moutinho though.

[quote=“Bandage”]Does anyone have any information on Celtic’s potential opponents? I’ll do some research later but fill in the blanks please, gentlemen.

Arsenal - They’re an English team, as far as I know. I imagine they play an aerial and combative type style. George Graham is a very wily manager and John Jensen is their best player.

Lyon - sold Benzema and Juninho. Bought Lisandro Lopes from Porto and some other cunt.

Stuttgart - sold Mario Gomez to FC Bayern. Bought the lad from Zenit, have Hleb on loan and signed some other cunt too.

Pana - bought Djibril Cisse, not sure who else they have.

Sporting - have looked beatable in recent campaigns, have Caicedo on loan from Manchester City, still have Veloso and Moutinho though.[/quote]

Celic need to get either Pana or Sporting next and they’ll have a real chance of progressing. Strangely, i don’t think Lyon would be the worst draw ever. Arsenal or Stuttgart and it’s game over i’m afraid.

Don’t know much about them really, or the league, but i heard on Newstalk the other night that Stuttgart are a very good team, could rattle the league in Germany. Then last night the lads on the football show suggested Stuttgart and Arsenal would be the team Celtic HAVE to avoid, as they wouldn’t have a hope.
As i say, i don’t know much about them, but thats what the so called “experts” think.

I personally think Arsenal could be there for talking at this time of year and with the few players they have lost.

I would suggest Pana are the best draw.

I haven’t completed all my Bundesliga reaseach ahead of the new season yet but I was immersed in Kicker.de the other day and did spend some time reading up on Stuttgart.

Rocko’s Assessment:

Stuttgart had a cracking second half to last season under Markus Babel who replaced Armin Veh who had done well for a season and then watched his side collapse.

In the past couple of seasons they’ve been very dependent on Hitzelsperger and Gomez in my opinion. Gomez has had an extrarordinary scoring record for them so that’s fairly clear cut. Hitzelsperger hasn’t been as noticeably effective but their results with and without him suggest he was very important.

I commented the other day that I think they’re a smashing bet to win the Bundesliga at 16/1. This is as much a reflection of the transitionary periods that other teams are in as a statement of the powers of the Swabians but they were really very good last season. Obviously an awful lot depends on losing Gomez. There were signs that Marica was coming good last year and Cacau did well enough but they’ll need alot from Pogrebnyak.

Verdict - Celtic to progress.

This the same Stuttgart who lost 3-0 at home to the huns whilst they were champions a few years ago?

Only Arsenal would beat Celtic over 2 legs.

They have a formidable back line in Kweown and Adams and are known for grinding out dour 1-0 wins. Not a team for the purist

[quote=“Special Olympiakos”]This the same Stuttgart who lost 3-0 at home to the huns whilst they were champions a few years ago?
Only Arsenal would beat Celtic over 2 legs.[/quote]

Those words being important there.
Things change.

[quote=“Julio Geordio”]Arsenal - They’re an English team, as far as I know. I imagine they play an aerial and combative type style. George Graham is a very wily manager and John Jensen is their best player.

They have a formidable back line in Kweown and Adams and are known for grinding out dour 1-0 wins. Not a team for the purist[/quote]

Seaman will be hard bet

Mcgeady will have to be on his game tracking Nigel Winterburn up and down the wing

Arsenal usually start the season well so they’re probably best avoided. They’ll be full of youthful zest and they’ll have that carefree swagger - it’s later in the season when the pressure mounts up that their lack of experience has told in the last few years.

Anyone have the list of national champion teams from the other half?

I hope Cellic and Panaflexeidos dont draw each other.
It would be a mortal blow for Irish football if one shamrock knocked out the other.

I’ve done a bit of research into their potential opponents and I gather that the continental teams don’t like it up um.