Find me a gaff

Sold my gaff there last week and haven’t bought a new one yet. So will be homeless in a couple of weeks which is shocking timing as that’s when I’m getting married so I’ll have nowhere to live.

The sensible thing to do in a deflating property market is to rent for a while and buy later when the market is lower but to be honest I don’t have the patience nor the inclination to do that. Trading up so while some value has been taken off the place I sold I’m hoping there’ll be more off the gaff I’ll be buying and I’ll do ok out of it. And to be honest I just want to buy a gaff to live in it, not to make money from it.

So the task for anyone on here who’s bored is to find me a gaff.

What I’d like is:

• preferably northside
  • Fingal an advantage
  • DART or good transport is a must
  • 1,100 square feet (approx 110 square metres) at least
  • not an apartment

Selling the gaff you share with your future wife six weeks before you get married!!!

I knew you were different but Jaysus that is taking the piss…

Your old gaff was fine. Therefore, I’m not going to help you recover from a decision made out of complete folly.

In unrelated news, Jugs has procured a new bachelor pad for myself, himself and cesc4 in a tremendous south city centre location.

would you move back to Malahide minor?

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?search=1&s[cc_id]=ct1&s[a_id]=274&s[mnp]=600000&s[mxp]=800000&s[bd_no]=&s[search_type]=sale&s[furn]=&s[refreshmap]=1&offset=10&limit=10&search_type=sale&offset=0

you would know these estates to see if they are okay?
you would be close enough to visit some of malahides attraction such as the castle, the railway museum or High rock

one of the downsides of living in Malahide minor is that you wont get to vote in the north county elections though

Thanks for that Farmer.

It was an odd decision and not one I thought too much about but fuck it it’s done now.

Bandage, gaff was fine but had one or two niggles that I wasn’t happy about so not displeased about moving. Where’s your new pad?

NCC, if I go to South East Fingal it would be more likely to be Malahide itself, rather than its shabby offspring.

Idiot of the Month award for May wrapped up by Rocko

A sad sad day. It’s obvious at this stage that fucking me and piss hands out of the gaff wasn’t to teach us a lesson but for keeps. I can only asume now that you’re serious about this wedding lark. That pad was a peach even if you were lucky to have water most days. So it’s goodbye to golf tennis, bowling, table curling, laser guns, late night robot wake ups, shooting the mice with dart guns, watching the croppy and his mate trying to burn it down/piss on the telly/kill themselves, white russian afternooons with Doey and Shiner, watching Piss hands’ physical disabilities(throwing/catching/circulating) and the various wild animals that used to roam the open plains of 174.
2 final things.

I’ll miss the wall most.

Dig behind the shed where that bush is overgrowing, there’s something down there you’ll be interested to see…

[quote=“Juhniallio”]A sad sad day. It’s obvious at this stage that fucking me and piss hands out of the gaff wasn’t to teach us a lesson but for keeps. I can only asume now that you’re serious about this wedding lark. That pad was a peach even if you were lucky to have water most days. So it’s goodbye to golf tennis, bowling, table curling, laser guns, late night robot wake ups, shooting the mice with dart guns, watching the croppy and his mate trying to burn it down/piss on the telly/kill themselves, white russian afternooons with Doey and Shiner, watching Piss hands’ physical disabilities(throwing/catching/circulating) and the various wild animals that used to roam the open plains of 174.
2 final things.

I’ll miss the wall most.

Dig behind the shed where that bush is overgrowing, there’s something down there you’ll be interested to see…[/quote]

Which wall - the hopover wall? Hate that thing - it’s a sad monument now to a once great obstacle, rendered unnegotiable by a greasy top surface.

Those White Russian afternoons were grand for the unemployed occupants of 174 but some of us had jobs to go to and missed out on the whole drunk every afternoon buzz that was going on. And it was bitch hard playing catch up when I came home from work because invariably there’d be 3 or 4 lads asleep on the living room floor in a pile of takeaway trays and empty milk cartons with the tell tale bottles of Kalhua guarding the fireplace.

Golf tennis will be the biggest loss, hard to imagine it being perfectly recreated elsewhere.

I’m getting rid of the caravan if you want it as a stop gap measure.

[quote=“therock67”]Which wall - the hopover wall? Hate that thing - it’s a sad monument now to a once great obstacle, rendered unnegotiable by a greasy top surface.

Those White Russian afternoons were grand for the unemployed occupants of 174 but some of us had jobs to go to and missed out on the whole drunk every afternoon buzz that was going on. And it was bitch hard playing catch up when I came home from work because invariably there’d be 3 or 4 lads asleep on the living room floor in a pile of takeaway trays and empty milk cartons with the tell tale bottles of Kalhua guarding the fireplace.

Golf tennis will be the biggest loss, hard to imagine it being perfectly recreated elsewhere.[/quote]

That was when I had a job Rock. I only ever bought those big bottles in Duty Free after away trips.

You may have been employed but saying you had a job suggests that you actually had work to do which was clearly not the case.

I had plenty of work to do. I was working on my sun tan and my drinking.

Just stumbled across this again.

Rocko - how is ‘operation find a gaff’ coming along?

Bandage - presumably you have moved in somewhere by now?

It’s a fucking mess Farmer. Both ends of the deal are a mess. Bit of a story about that but I’ll not be saying nowt on here until something’s signed and sealed which isn’t all that sure anymore.

Appreciate the concern though.

[quote=“therock67”]It’s a fucking mess Farmer. Both ends of the deal are a mess. Bit of a story about that but I’ll not be saying nowt on here until something’s signed and sealed which isn’t all that sure anymore.

Appreciate the concern though.[/quote]

Not a bother.

Why not pull the plug on the deal to sell the gaff?

That’s one option Farmer.

Not that emotionally attached to the gaff though - if the price is fair then feck it. The problem is deciding what’s fair in this market. Nothing doing at the other end but prepared to rent for a while until something comes along.

It seems to me that the the whole wedding malarchy is stressful enough and you don’t need to be selling and buying houses while it is going on. If I were you I would pull the plug on the sale and wait a while and then sell if you want.

That is only my opinion but I am an expert on such matters…

Fancy a move to the Ukraine Rocko? One of the Polish lads I work with is saving up to buy a house there, €30,000 gets you a four bedroomed semi detatched. There’s always room for an Eastern European branch of the TFK!!

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]It seems to me that the the whole wedding malarchy is stressful enough and you don’t need to be selling and buying houses while it is going on. If I were you I would pull the plug on the sale and wait a while and then sell if you want.

That is only my opinion but I am an expert on such matters…[/quote]

Ah the wedding is no stress at all - it’s just a day out. Thought the stag was more hassle to be honest. Much of that to do with the venue which pretty much takes care of everything.

Anyway was half thinking of pulling the plug but reckon it’s all systems go. I don’t like defying expert advice though.

Thanks for your interest in my living arrangements Farmer. We now have a new abode after moving in last weekend and are quite pleased with our move thus far, with the exception of NTL issues (which comes as no surprise really).

Jugs just provided me with the following update:

was on to those absolute retards earlier and they have no record of the call yer one was supposed to have logged for me on monday so the bint logged another one and said it could take up to 2 weeks to get it sorted. conversation was thus:-

me: we have all the equipment and the new place was previously set up for digital, can you not just switch it back on?

bint: no because the address we have on our system is the old one so that would cause a lot of confusion in here and if you ever needed a technician to come out he would go to the wrong address. (unfookingbelievable)

me: eh, can you not just tap the new address into the computer now?

bint: no its not that simple we have a company that works for us who does all that.

me: so its going to take 2 weeks to change the address on the system?

bint: well up to 2 weeks, it could be sooner. you should get a call from someone soon.

me: when will i get a call?

bint: hmmm today is thurs so you should hear something by next thurs i’d say.

then i gave up.