Fine Gael - Hugging The Touchline On The Right Wing?

I’m dealing with your point.

You said that the U.K. should allow billions of citizens from Commonwealth countries into the UK because of guilt and to make up for imperialism.

When the absurdity of that position is pointed out, you bring up Ireland. The CTA exists between the U.K. and Ireland for numerous reasons. Ireland were a big boy country and agreed that for themselves. Just like Ireland had a trade war with the U.K. before signing a FTA. You seem to think it’s an act of benevolence by the UK, an odd position to take.

There’s no absurdity to my point whatsoever.

It’s absurd to say that it’s absurd that a Commonwealth country shouldn’t have or shouldn’t be able to negotiate a CTA with Britain when a non-Commonwealth country like Ireland has one.

Why shouldn’t, say, India have a CTA with Britain? India was part of the British Empire until 1947.

It just shows the complete and utter pointlessness of the Commonwealth, and proves that Commonwealth countries are merely “piccaninnies” to the Brits.

Let’s face it, that’s ultimately what it’s all about. The Commonwealth is a sham.

You still haven’t answered @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy’s question.

Is that a no?

I didn’t say they shouldn’t.

I said that the reasoning that you gave was absurd.

How does it “show” that it’s pointless? Because you have put some arbitrary metrics on what makes an international organisation? Ireland are a member of numerous bodies worldwide, most of which are just talking shops. So what?

Again, why should they?

Because you have your own opinion on what the Commonwealth should be?

You’re not going to answer the question apparently. Grand so.

Why don’t you make the point instead of your repetitive style of leading questions on here?

Why should Commonwealth countries have that? Because you say so?

Simple enough question. Yes no answer is all I was looking for really. Information not forthcoming.

You know the answer, so what’s the point?

I’m asking you why they should. It seems that TSG slams some members having antiquated laws and your issue is a lack of FOM. Why should it have that?

So now you’re agreeing with me. Thanks.

Trying to scurry out of this.

I neither agreed or disagreed on more CTAs.

I simply pointed out that your reasoning was shite and you don’t know what you’re talking about in terms of the CTA Ireland has with the U.K.

Hope that helps.

Not really

And his grandson is the only current td on record saying we should rejoin. Sen Frank Feighan is a supporter of this position also

The British Isles. Stronger together as part of the one Commonwealth.

Why return to the old? - Why not forge a new relationship between Ireland and the British isles?

Geoff

Is South Africa in the Commonwealth ?

Lets get this thread back on message. Fine Gael are a watery shower of forelock tugging quisling cunts.

8 Likes

And that’s just the moderate members of the party.

Commonwealth Countries

• Antigua and Barbuda
  • Australia
  • Bangladesh
  • Barbados
  • Belize
  • Botswana
  • Brunei
  • Cameroon
  • Canada
  • Dominica
  • Fiji