Fintan O'Toole v Eoghan Harris debate: another thread ruined

Articles purporting to be by Bridget/Brigid McIntyre:

From Facebook it would appear that Bridget/Brigid could be a real person - but she sure is friends with a lot of Harrises from Cork, including the bould Eoghan. Strange that she makes no mention of Ardfinnan or Tipperary on her page - but says she’s from Douglas.

Bridget has been up all night tweeting very pro-Harris stuff. I find it hard to think that a working nurse in Florida would be tweeting at 4am there, apparently in full knowledge of this niche Irish online story which only broke a few hours previously.

How could a fringe account like that have so many journalists following it?

Has Bridget given any view on that Babs v Brendan Cummins fall out in 2007 ??

3 Likes

And to think they ignore the wonderful HBV twitter account

2 Likes

To Bridget, “Babs” means Barbara J. Pym.

we had an episode like this here not so long ago

7 Likes

Imagine running a fake Twitter account just to give people abuse.

10 Likes

I cannot possibly see how there is legal action over that particular tweet. Bizarre.

The top table of the Indo is so incestuous I would assume that she’s just one of Eoghan Harris’s cousins or something, a random nurse that they’ve decided to make a national columnist out of.

1 Like

Labelling a journalist a terrorist lover with little basis?

I only read the tweet, but it appeared to refer to the article rather than the journo, and looked more like strong (albeit skewed) throwaway blowhard rather than anything that can be dragged through the courts.

Looks like there could be more people involved than just harris

How many Sindo journalists does it take to run one shit, humourless Twitter account?

1 Like

There was about 20 verified Independent and Irish Times journalist accounts following the profile.

so has champ fired him as an advisor yet?

https://twitter.com/PatsyRe96561967/with_replies

It’s his sister. She needs to make up her mind whether she’s a farmer in Ardfinnan or a nurse in Naples, Florida. And whether she spells her name Brigid or Bridget.

4 Likes

Lord Kilclooney as well