Fleadh Cheoil in Ennis August 2017

the childeren do, they are all in groups. i wouldnt have the time for it.

thats unreal, I had a similar experience in Clonmel in 03 with the fucking tin whistle, they fucked me over, the real craic is in the pubs and on the street, thats the real fleadh

Even though he is winding here, its more thinly veiled “i’m going to take my bitterness out on my kids” post.

2 Likes

I would imagine its full of this Irish language “we’re more irish than you” snobbery you get from some Gaeltact people

You get very little of that Irish language snobbery in real life Kev. There’s a lot more snobbery from fellas on here who think anyone who wasn’t taken out of their mother’s womb with a hurl isn’t really Irish.

2 Likes

ye most irish lads wouldnt have a clue what the Fleadh is about, you will see more johnny foreigners in ennis enjoying the music on the streets and the irish will be having the craic and drinking the living shit out of it. its an awful pity i gave up the drink this year.
im going to go busking on saturday evening and whatever few bob ill make ill throw it into @Locke charity page

2 Likes

Now I’m from Leitrim and sure what would I know about hurling etc etc but I’m pretty sure that the term ‘hurl’ only became prevalent from those ‘in the know’ post Loughnane’s Clare and the Guinness sponsorship in the mid 90s.

1 Like

I totally disagree.
I find a major difference between the schools for instance. There is a real arrogance to alot of the gaelscoil crowd.
I grew up playing against Gaeltacht teams alot and know plenty people from there. Its not way over the top or anything and hurling snobbery is a somewhat reasonable analogy, but its definitely there.

Fair enough, each to their own. I personally think the anti-Irish lobby is far snobbier than any pro -Irish folk.

1 Like

Describe anti-Irish. Because i am probably a bit in that box somewhat, as long as you are talking generally and not specific to language.

You’re generally anti-Irish? - That’s your stance in life is it? :rofl:

Why don’t you FOAD somewhere else then?

1 Like

Fair play @HBV, a very kind gesture

Anti -Irish language. People who write to newspapers giving out about Irish being taught in schools or such like. There’s a lot more of them than there are virulent Irish speakers demanding to have EU documents translated to sit on a shelf.

You haven’t heard him play…

Because i am from gere.

I reject an awful lot of Irish ways though. Especially the bullshitting.

There are no greater bullshitters on this planet.

1 Like

Ah right. Gobshites basically on both sides. More of one than another.

I get ta

:open_mouth:

I was a judge in Clonmel in 03. If I’d known then what I know now

2 Likes

There are bullshitters every where, mate.

Not liking traits that we have and wanting to better / change is fine and normal - most rational people are the same.

But defining your self as anti-Irish?

Kev, for someone who portrays himself and being au fait with positive mental health attitudes, such an absolute and generalised comment must be crippling for your mental health.

1 Like

all joking aside, the Fleadh judges are by and large a pack of useless cunts. they are despised by any musician worth their salt due the the toss of a coin nature of your chances if you are competing and this is why the competition side of things is dying a death and the likes of @Tassotti coming back from the mainland with a big fuckoff wad of notes to throw around the streets as he enjoys the atmosphere is what it is all about now.

1 Like