Fleadh Cheoil in Ennis August 2017

What are you on about?

I have lived in quite a few oarts of the world and lived with alot of varied people. Nonody does lying like Irish people. If you do not want to accept that then great. Thats your call. But we lie all the time, lie to ourselves, lie to employers, family etc. It happens everywhere but we are the worst imo and experience.

Anyway, its been inducated by research that actually acknowledging your negative emotions and not trying to surpress them is far healthier than ignoring or surpressing.

I think you may have been fooled by recent pop culture mental health approaches and confusing them with something i said.

I am not sure anyone is really au fait with it. I think in the next few years as neuroscience becomes more mainstream we will have a completely different outlook. And from the bit of reading i have done, i do not think any of us (well the majority of us) have a fucking clue about mental health.

1 Like

Its only a puece of land fella.

We are all human

We are all human but you’re anti -Irish?

What I’m on about is that you comment on mental health and psychology like you’re someone in the know when such an attitude as yours on Irish bullshitters flies in the face of all that.

For instance, I would hate to see you talking to a rape victim who felt threatened by ‘all men’. You would probably confirm her thoughts by saying to keep away from all Aussies, as all are rapists or something.

I am well aware of the notion of embracing negative thoughts. But embracing it doesn’t mean that you post it on a public forum as gospel.

Why not?
Are you offended by it?
And who said it is gospel? Its an osmosis of information thru experience, education, reading and actually working with professionals in the area.

And what the fuck has rape victims got to do with anything? Do you know any? Have you experience dealing with them.

I comment on mental health and psychology like anyone
Maybe you are just intimidated that an ordinary punter could be able to discuss it on a number of levels. And maybe i just have the self confidence to not give a shit what you , or anyone, thinks about my strengths or weaknesses? The way you view me is undoubtably some form of reflection on yourself.

Ah here. I should have known better than to try argue with you.

1 Like

Ennis is hopping

2 Likes

Someday you may even have the mental strength to accept that you’re not always right. Now that would be something. There’d be fellas queuing up to like that post. It’d break the mainstream media too I’d say.

thats magnificent kid, you are a very very very lucky man.

1 Like

Whats right or wrong about this conversation? Do you even know what is being discussed and where it started?

Its simply a few lads not being able to handle a few home truths by somebody who has a wider range of experience. They can choose to ignore and say “he is talking nobsense” or they can engage and tease it out and counter act me.

However they have just gone down the route of playing the man and not the game.

As have you.

A couple of us thinking of heading to Ennis this eve on the pull. Is the Fleadh an event noted for its drunken ladies?

Come now. It’s hopping

2 Likes

Ah would you shhhhtop. I’m giving you a gentle elbow nudge. Your self -confidence is indeed amazing to behold but You can’t be writing that shit in all seriousness without addressing the fact that you’ve never ever been wrong on the internet and that you seem to think that your life has been an amazing mix of experiences that no-one else has had. Half the lads in Ireland spent time in Australia or the States ffs sake. It’s a great Irish trait to not let fellas get too far up their own ass.

1 Like

Go for it ffs… There will be women there from all over the world to get talking to and have a bit of craic with… Just make sure not to bullshit them tho -

cc @caoimhaoin

1 Like

ye, very drunk and very gamey

what age are you after?

:smile:

I have no particular standards.

14 Likes

Thats utter rubbish.

I must have admitted i was wrong 8-10 times on here this year alone about all manner of things. I have apologised to @Fagan_ODowd @Bandage @TheUlteriorMotive on subjects off the top of my head, and admitted several times being wrong about sport

Stop throwing out nonsense just to support your feeble attack.

1 Like

It’s not an attack Kev. I’m taking the piss out of you. There’s no need to go to defcon1. Your self belief is legendary so I’m delighted to learn you’ve been wrong once or twice. I was wrong once myself.

I very rarely attack people on here and when I do it’s usually @ChocolateMice because he enjoys it.

Plenty talent around last night anyway