Friday Fashion Thread aka The blind leading the blind

an extremely British item of footwear. I don’t think the resident of any other country would wear them, except maybe a few lads in Dublin. Very nice all the same.

They’re American mate, but they’d be a lovely multi-purpose business shoe.

The big hairy jacket he posted a few days ago and a pair of O’Neill’s shorts.

5 Likes

And a vesht

1 Like

Aplomb.

3 Likes

I’d say they’d cut the feet off you. You want to buy a big box of compede with them.

3 Likes

A very smug look

2 Likes

letting yourself down badly here pal…

the chelsea boot, as it were is a versatile item of footwear that can be worn with almost anything with the exception of GAA shorts.

Best bit of kit posted here in yonks.

As someone pointed out, a very Anglo Saxon boot. I wouldn’t wear those ones now, you couldn’t be wearing them. A more casual style of Chelsea boot would suit me better.

1 Like

the ones pictured are a bit try hard and a man would need at least one parent to be English in order to be afforded the leeway to wear them.

1 Like

You’ll have lads with size 40" waists wearing them. They’ll look like pigs trotters on them.

1 Like

Hard to explain but the part where the jeans meet the boot/shoe is crucial. If it’s all crunched up excess jeans then it looks shit i think. You might as well pack in the night and go home for yourself. That’s why i stick to denim shorts.

8 Likes

Depending on leg hair colour this can be a lovely look.

2 Likes

I remember years ago a myopic good pal of mine said excitedly “look at the pins on this” as a very tanned set of legs approached us from a fair distance wearing denim shorts.

We walked on and eventually got close enough for his myopia to allow him to see the pins in question belonged to another lad from school.

3 Likes

At the risk of exposure to ridicule, I’ve wanted a donkey jacket for ages (cc @anon67715551 ). I had one working the sites in London that my mate found in a skip, and absolutely wore it everywhere til some cunt robbed it in college. I found a lovely one just before the Christmas on eBay. A Barbour too, so beautifully made, warm and just the perfect coat.
I did, on wearing it for the first time, put my hand in the pocket and pull out a blood stained plaster.

5 Likes

A Barbour donkey jacket isn’t actually authentic or at least shouldn’t be.
A donkey jacket shouldn’t be subsumed into fashionable culture.

They were a great oul’ servant in their time all the same.

1 Like

I know mate, but it’s lovely.

Dennis the Menace never wore a donkey jacket?

Lord Flatty loves the festival of Saturnalia.

2 Likes