Friday Fashion Thread aka The blind leading the blind

you gonna get one for @balbec ?

The original Is 350 English pounds

In 1888 George Key opened up his own shop above his father John Key’s first-floor draper shop on Lower Brook Street in Rugeley Staffordshire, England. That same year, Key designed a new type of coat made of a hard-wearing material developed for those who were working on the construction of the Manchester Ship Canal. Some of the navvies worked on donkey engines (a steam-powered winch or logging engine), providing the inspiration for the name of George Key’s new coat: the donkey jacket.[1]

350 quid for a dunkey jacket

Not a donkey jacket. The donkey jacket. Everything else is a facsimile.

1 Like

at multiples of what it cost in the 80s. hipsters have a lot to answer for

Imagine what it would cost if all the wool came from the one field.

3 Likes

If there’s anyone I’d trust to source a ridiculously overpriced piece of clobber on the Internet it’d be @TheUlteriorMotive

5 Likes

:ok_hand:

It’s my thing.

I’ve bought some ludicrous stuff over the years.

1 Like

I’m beginning to think you’re my darlingest wife.

3 Likes

15 yoyos in Guineys and you cant tell the difference

In about 2000 I spent a lot of money on a Prada tracksuit and Prada runners. I thought I was the business. I actually still have the jacket - quality lasts!

Anyway combined with the tracksuit trousers it was, in hindsight, effectively a shell suit. The runners were like wedges of black on top of white plastic soles. And when light shone on them they lit up like cats eyes.

I headed into town with my pal with a strut in my step. I rocked up to a bar near Grafton St and as I went to go in the bouncer stopped me and said you can’t come in wearing that.

I was crestfallen. As I walked away I heard my mate saying “but it’s Prada…”

9 Likes

You must’ve looked like Anna wintour going jogging :smile:

2 Likes

You can’t beat quality, I don’t buy a lot of clothes but what I get is good, I find Hugo Boss (yes yes Nazis I know) to be very durable,
I always have a couple of good jackets/coats
Got a lovely Canada goose parka last year, it’s pure class

1 Like

A good jacket or coat is worth spending money on. It’s probably the only expensive item of clothing that is actually good value (cost per wear) and worth it.

1 Like

In fairness, some of the Nazi uniforms were incredibly stylish but they could’ve been Chanel.

I’ve a number of boss suits and ties in my wardrobe. No shirts though as they’re shite.

The suits wear a lot better than some of the cheaper brands like baumler

Ah lovely :joy::joy:

@TheUlteriorMotive - any Parka recommendations? I’m in the market for a new one. I’ve seen a few I like from Stone Island but the ones I want are out of season. The below is my dream but sadly impossible to get.

https://www.farfetch.com/ie/shopping/men/stone-island-padded-zip-up-down-jacket-item-15929748.aspx?storeid=10212

I have two year ago version of CP Company. cp company stuff is nicer then newer Stone Island stuff

There is an orange stone island it you fancy it. It’s a great coat but you won’t get more than a year or two wearing orange but it’s. Beauty. If you wear it every weekend over two winters it’s 20 euro a weekend.

https://www.oipolloi.com/collections/outerwear/products/fjallraven-vardag-anorak-mustard-yellow#product

https://www.oipolloi.com/collections/outerwear/products/beams-plus-m65-type-jacket-orange#product