[Frontpage] Germany v Spain Tactical Preview

Has that cunt not FOAD’d yet?

:angry:

Checks obits

Negative.

I think Spain will edge this one. Despite not hitting top form, they haven’t struggled defensively really and I expect them to still have loads of the ball. Although it could be a really interesting game, I’m a bit worried it could be quite a dour affair with Spain owning the ball and an onus on Schweinsteiger and Khedira just to sit and screen with Spain moving the ball sideways looking for openings. Where Germany could do some damage is down the flanks but I don’t expect much from Podolski on the left and don’t really know anything about Trochowski. I think Spain will edge it with a moment of individual class, hopefully Torres (people are far too quick to criticise him). Wouldn’t touch Spain -1 though.

I’m surprised at how quickly people are dismissing Trochowski and Podolski. Podolski has goals in him, he’s not an orthodox wideman obviously but he has scored a couple of important goals and still looks likely to get chances. Trochowski hasn’t featured that much (and it’s only presumed he will start) but he’s a good player and in better club form than many of his team-mates.

They’ve Marin to introduce too if one of those isn’t working out, or they could go for Kroos or even go for two up front as they did in the second half of most of their games so far.

I don’t think they’ll just have the two lads screening Clarkey. Obviously they might resort to that if they’re being overrun in midfield but the one thing about both those players is how they like to go forward from deep. Possibly they’ll be a bit more conservative by ensuring one always stays deep enough but if they didn’t hold Schweinsteiger back to look after Messi then I don’t see them changing that for Spain, despite Spain’s superior midfield.

I’m not dismissing Trochowski, I just haven’t really seen him play.

It’s an important last point you make though. Schweinsteiger didn’t need to sit on Messi because Germany were always going to dominate that midfield. Spain will have a lot more bodies in there. I hope there’s a tactical surprise from one of the teams because if they line up the way they’re expected too, as I said above, I’d be a bit worried it’ll be drab.

was that 442?.. were mascherano and Gerrard not in and around that centre midfield too?..
can’t believe how Argentina didn’t attack the space out right behind lahm time and again on saturday especially in first half…
be interesting to see germany play if they go a goal down instead of getting an early goal…Spain aren’t
playing well but will have a lot more patience and better passing game than argentina had…have a feeling they’ll
have too much for germany…

Ah 4-4-1-1 when Liverpool came second in the EPL I suppose, if you wanted to be nit picking about it.

Wrong.

4-2-3-1 with Masherano beside Alonso.

:rolleyes: :lol:

hardly nit picking if the conservation is about formations and tactics now is it… :smiley:

:smiley:
Leave the poor thing alone.

He was one of two central midfielders. We can agree on that. He thrived. He wasnt one to get beyond the ball too much but well able to back up the ball and scored a number of goals from distance doing this.

The discussion about whether it was 442 or 4411 or 4231 etc is irrelevant.

Rocko looking for someone to respond to his inane posts. Sad to see.

One day you’ll concede you were wrong KIB. One day.

Until then we’ll all have to live with you arguing you’re right when proven wrong. Until you fuck off again in a moral outrage.

:clap:

[quote=“Rocko, post: 487399”]
One day you’ll concede you were wrong KIB. One day.

Until then we’ll all have to live with you arguing you’re right when proven wrong. Until you fuck off again in a moral outrage.[/quote]

That incident must go down as one of the most humiliating incidents this website has seen.

Also you would think that someone so humiliatied, would try and keep a low profile. But no. Idiotic statement after another all utter with a superior tone. The neck of him.

Also, I think he had a pop yesterday at Kev for backtracking on something. Pretty rich.

You live your life by what is written on TFK? That is pretty sad.

Can you not come up with any new material? You are as predictable as night following day at this stage. What has you so rattled by the way, you are following my posts around like a bad smell…(I’ve left a little comeback line for you there and all to help you)?

Do you want to buy a bike?

There was that other incident around the Champions League Quarter Final that I found very funny. KIB Man admitted at the time that he didn’t see the first half and only saw some of the second half.

A couple of months later and he was raving about Gibson’s performance in the first half. Most humorous.

Is it not the middle of the night over in Australia???

Go to bed KIB…