Further Things That Are Wrong (Part 1)

Taxi driver with the clumsiest attempt to make me pay twice. Bitch was seething when I noticed and i slow rollled her.

How on earth did she try that?
And what is ā€œslow rolledā€?

Pretended he was going to pay her and slowly counted the money before calling her out on it.

Slow rolling was a fond trick of the on course bookies before the advent of electronic dockets with your winnings printed on it. If they were paying out someone who looked like a mug, they might hold the last note for a few seconds longer to see if the punter turned away thinking heā€™d been paid in full.

1 Like

Informative rating.

Manys the harmless ould divil that got stitched up like a kipper

Insisted I paid her before journey commenced. I settled on a deposit. At journey end she announces the gross fare. I asked her if she was taking into account the deposit.

Slow rolled is a term from poker where you play really slowly to unsettle an opponent.

I said I had hip issues and took ages to get out of taxi as time is money so she lost the plot.

1 Like

Slow roll means that you have the nuts in poker but delay in turning over your winning hand at showdown. It does drive lads demented.

3 Likes

Sounds like you laid down quite a marker there

3 different meanings so far

4 Likes

He really showed her.

Incredible tekkers out of the high flying corporate lawyer to get one over on a taxi driver.

10 Likes

Cheers pal.

Do you look a bit dodgy.

Surely he got Uber, rather than over

The geeballs who consider formula 1 to be a sport

11 Likes

Spelling of tolerated is very wrong.

1 Like

Itā€™s time for these lads to start pressing charges.Until then thereā€™ll be no change.

3 Likes

Terrified to do so. Youā€™re dealing with some awful knackers Iā€™d say.

This the scummy soccer crowd ye?