Further Things That Are Wrong (Part 1)

Don’t be lying now. :grinning:

Christmas FM is terrific stuff to dip in and out of. Never fails to put you in the spirit. A must tune in every holiday period.

4 Likes

Christmas FM is great to throw on in the car with the children. Very easy to change the station if you don’t like it.

3 Likes

Taz is just trying to be edgy :slight_smile:

Radio Stations banning Baby its Cold Outside, now thats whats fucking wrong.

3 Likes

the Gucci gang from Blanch

oh fuck

an auld bit of Wham always gets me in the mood.

3 Likes

id agree with your there
its an iconic song alright. i think its the intro

1 Like

I always start thinking of my childhood when I hear the first few bars, in some sort of innocent way. It kind of puts the hairs standing

Poignant as George Michael died on Christmas Day 2 years ago .

1 Like

I thought that was windup at the time, but when the reality hit I could not stop crying for an hour

3 Likes

A great song.

You must have been very close?

2 Likes

He gave him his heart…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8gmARGvPlI

the first 5 seconds, magic, I’m sitting here in the sun in Spain but it still works for me, up Christmas, Up Wham

2 Likes

George was an awful nice man, helped out a lot of people, and never went looking for attention

I recall from my Smash Hits reading days it was originally envisaged as Last Summer and then they added the sleighbells and changed Summer to Christmas. A wonderful song and even better video.

1 Like

An hour was a bit much though. The englander love a good public outpouring of faux grief. Poor Di’s funeral was an obscenity.

so atmospheric

1 Like

Did you weep much when Di died?