Does gin go off if it’s been open for a bit?

I’m certain pal. I makes a few bottles every year.

I’ll have to do something crazy like go for a walk up the fields…

Take your time and remember you are being watched. Many little eyes. Following. Lurking. Noting.

Be careful and enjoy yourself.

1 Like

The little folk?

This Silent Pool stuff is Intricately Realised according to the bottle. It simply has to be good.

Bombay Sapphire 20euro a bottle 70cl in SuperValu

2 Likes

They are giving the drink away. Suppose they wont be allowed do it next yr with the new laws

This year’s sloe gin was top notch, if I may say so myself.

3 Likes

Deadly stuff altogether. Did you bother with almonds/walnuts/chilli etc?

I bothered with almond and cloves, and I’ve also bothered to use the leftover drupes to make a sloe gin fortified wine / port. I’ll report back in 6 to 8 months on how that has turned out.

3 Likes

A nation awaits

1 Like

I

This is a literal match made in heaven rather than a pretend marriage in a pretend heaven. 2:1 gin to ginger liquor, I used to use Domaine de Canton but this Kings stuff is just as good and half the price.

I gave the kilner jars with the sloe gin port a good shake there this afternoon. It created a mesmerising froth of deep purplish-red colour (a bit like claret), which quickly dissipated.

I’ve also compared this years sloe gin (made with Tesco’s cheap Windsor gin) against last year’s (made with Aldi’s cheap Corley’s gin) and, based solely on palate, this year’s (Tesco) batch wins hands down.

2 Likes

I’ve a batch of 2017 that I’ve just released for drinking. It’s unreal. I’ve two batches of 2018 in development

1 Like

Nothing added but time, as the man says. And sugar.

In Gin related topics, I had my first Gin Martini over the Christmas. A beautiful drink

I use this, probably the same as the aldi stuff

A good housekeeping taste test?

Who better? Wifey’s little helper.
Anyway, it’s won a few blind taste awards etc

I’ve a bottle of sloe gin from 2017 still maturing. Could you tell me how exactly you sweeten?

I made a syrup for another 2017 bottle and fucked it up. Am reluctant to do anything with the other bottle until I know better.