Does gin go off if it’s been open for a bit?

That Drumshanbo gin is lovely. Other than that Bombay Sapphire and Hendricks are lovely. @Big_Dan_Campbell Hendricks is really the only gin you should partner with cucumber.

Picked up a litre of Bombay Sapphire in Vienna airport there for 19.90. Its 27 euro for 70 cl here.

3 Likes

Bought a bottle of this on your recommendation, looking forward to drinking it over the festive period. €49 in Tesco btw.

Are you posting live from Tesco ? I only posted that 30 seconds ago.

Ha ha, I’m snug on the couch now watching the NFL. That Drumshanbo gin bottle really is a work of art, I’m sorely tempted to crack it open now.

Yes

In.

Sure why not.

I’m not surprised that a refined gentleman such as yourself likes a G&T.

4 Likes

In a rare visit to a trendy bar this weekend I couldn’t help but notice their collection of gins. My hipster colleague informed me that it’s all the rage and went in at length about the types he likes. Hendricks being his favourite.

1 Like

I think a lot of Irish whiskey distillers are making gin to tide them over until the whiskey is matured. Seems to have been an explosion of it in recent times here anyways

5 Likes

Is G&T the new nutribullet?

1 Like

Beartha’s gin is unreal. Made from milk and you could nearly drink it neat. 50 notes a bottle.

3 Likes

Mature time on gin Vs whiskey?

I’m no expert but I think I read you could be waiting 10-15 years for (decent) whiskey. Gin takes much shorter a year maybe less

1 Like

Had this last week in Killarney. Different but good.

The other half has mainly drank gin for years long before the latest fad. That and whiskey are majestic drinks in fairness. I’ll rarely drink beer at home now.

Dingle gin with a big slice of lime and plenty of ice on a Friday evening. Ah lovely.

Bombay is decent also

1 Like

The lads waxing lyrical about G&T’s here are the same lads slagging the hoppiness of craft beer and the sheep who paid a fortune to drink it.

Fancy tonic water, cucumber, grossly overpriced gin, take a fucking look at yourselves you sheep.

12 Likes

We wouldn’t expect an uncouth roaster like you Mac to appreciate a good G&T, stick to the Smithwicks pal.

2 Likes

Cringe

Aye, in the same way that you wouldn’t expect a Heineken drinker to be able to appreciate the hand crafted simcoe hops in your rye pale ale, until you got bored and went back to drinking heineken

Saffron Gin is a noble drink.

His knowledge of alcoholic beverages never ceases to amaze me.

Signing in, by the way.