Does gin go off if it’s been open for a bit?

Give the barman a wink and flick your hair back.

If ye drank cork dry and a Canada Dry tonic blindfolded none of ye cunts would tell the difference !!!

3 Likes

Lar Corbett makes a living from roasters like you. Clear off out of this thread.

1 Like

Mick Brennan’s is my preferred hostelry in Thurles.

Ah you would. You could definitely tell a Drumshanbo. It’s a very distinctive drink.

So both the 50cl bottle and 70cl bottles are both on sale for 40E? Got it. Is it some kind of IQ test for the D4 denizens to see if they spot the difference?

Why is whisk(e)y so expensive?
I can buy a 1.75l bottle of Bombay Sapphire here for $26, but anything that has a single malt label is $50 min for a 0.75l bottle and decent brands are at least $80.
Marketing, or fashion as @KinvarasPassion said.

I didn’t realise the bottle in the picture was a 50cl Chef, I clarified the error earlier.

Length of time you have to lay it down?

So you paid 40E for the 50cl bottle?

Rhetorical eh…

(I’m actually not sure rhetorical is the right word here)

Ffs.

1 Like

Premium = mug

2 Likes

Correct

Stick to the vodka Jerzy.

4 Likes

Matty, the drinks business, like every other business is all about marketing. There is no such thing as premium or quality. It all comes out of big steel cannisters, whether it’s brewed or distilled. There are no dwarves involved in the process. If you are happy to pay over the odds for whatever and it makes you feel better, go for it. I’m a Bombay Sapphire man myself.

11 Likes

@balbec
Did you enjoy your Christmas party tonight?

I did yeah. I got out in one piece.

1 Like

It has you in sparkling yet spiky form. Did you leave early and the youngsters get on with it?

I stayed more or less to the end. But buggered off without tearing the arse out of it.