Does gin go off if it’s been open for a bit?

Of course, and all the ingredients in every gin are the exact same also. As I said, stick to the vodka because you haven’t a fucking clue what you are talking about here.

Glad you enjoyed your Christmas party however, hopefully you will have a clear head this morning and stop spamming this thread with your waffle.

Peace.

Picked up a bottle of Poitin of Ms Goode uncle yesterday.

Just had a smidgen for a taste and she’s superb!

Talking about sheep for 30 mins when collecting it was tricky enough but I recounted Kev’s problems and the jack russel etc… a little knowledge goes a long way.

My old joke about the farmer on the Cooley Mountains didn’t go down too well.

2 Likes

Good poitin is a thing to be savoured.

As a matter of interest, what was the presentation like? Down here it could be in a green wine bottle or in a bottle of Teachers. Basically, anything they can get their hands on. The yanks, on the other hand, like their moonshine in jars. I had a few glasses of it when I was in Kentucky. Nice tack, but lacked the flavour of a nice poitin.

An old bottle of Smirnoff…no frills.

I drank a hape of Hendricks and Fever Tree Tonic on Friday night

1 Like

How were you on the saturday?

Not bad all things considered. I think every woman in the place was drinking it and half of the men. We are in the grip of Gin Mania.

3 Likes

Enjoy the ride pal.

it is what it is

2 Likes

Great stuff

I plan a g&t and a joint every night over Christmas

3 Likes

Jesus Christ, don’t mention the war. Joints and Christmas in the same sentence didn’t end well before.
Hendricks and fever tree is the biggest thing since vodka and red bull.

@carryharry get all your ducks in a row for a christmas delivery

1 Like

I was offered a hot whiskey whilst visiting friends with Mrs Goode the other night. I declined as I’m not a whiskey drinker.

I said a hot whiskey sounds great as it’s cold outside. The bean an tí asked if I drink spirits; a gin on occasion I replied; wait there she said.

She reappeared with a hot gin toddy. Gin, a drop of orange juice, honey, and topped with hot water.

I quite liked it.

2 Likes

Sounds good. How much water ?

Enough to make it hot

1 Like

Load of fever tree in the fridge based on the recommendation here. Will wait till closer to the day to buy the cucumber

One of these bottles was twice the price of the other. Interested to see if the difference is notable

1 Like

You’re still drinking gin?? :joy: That’s so 2016

It will be well gone by 2017 pal

4 Likes

I’m on board now. A fantastic bandwagon.

6 Likes