GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

350 minutes of being the best keeper in Ireland.

1 Like

350 odd minutes of sitting behind the best team in hurling right now and barely having a save to make. i.e. the McGarry rule or McGarry Syndrome if you will.

1 Like

How many has he conceded?

I couldn’t tell you how many Murphy has conceded!

Quilligan would be right in contention if he hadn’t let in a goal from 70 yards. Puckouts excellent.

It’s an unwritten rule. But I’m open to correction on this.

Name a player who was sent off in Championship and still got an All Star?

Patrick Horgan

It used to be the case. Its not anymore.

In fairness, it’s very rare in championship, that combined with two teams normally dominating selection, it might be better ask, how many genuine contenders for AS’s, have received red cards in championship?

Appealed & overturned, deemed accidental.

Peter Casey

Red card reversed

1 Like

2017? I didn’t think it was.

He was still sent off on the day

Casey has to be full back IMO.

Séamus Flanagan simply cannot be picked as he has had one brilliant game, anonymous in the other and didn’t even puc a ball in the other three.

Hutchinson IMO has been ultra consistent for Waterford in a tough 4 games for them. One of the only forwards ever that can say he took Finn for a bit if a roasting in the Gaelic Grounds, and he had good performances against Tipp and Clare too. Of course, he will not get an AS in the end, but as of now I’d have him ahead of Flanagan.

1 Like

You need to snap the Limerick lads here that were getting all hot and bothered about only picking up the 12 All Stars last year into line.

1 Like

I was referring to 2013. I had forgotten 2017, that’s some record.

1 Like

Aaron Gillane got a nomination in 18. Wouldn’t have been nominated were it not allowed

Fair play!

1 Like

Tom Morrisey could easily win one yet, think he will get 5 or 6 from play in each of the next 2 games.