GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

You mean the change to u22 did

1 Like

Toss up me hole, they should have put Kelly at 12 and Whelan into the corner for that useless cunt O’Donnell.

6 Likes

Three for Clare after that semi final no show is a bit ridiculous.

David Fitzgerald deserved his selection, to be fair.

1 Like

Mikey Butler is a gentleman

Wan too many.

Real probing interview from Marty here.

What a journey for Shane O Donnell, a real feel good story for an alright sort.

Tbf, the selection process was an issue again.

Fitzgerald played RHF for the vast majority of the year, but because he wore the number 8 jersey, he gets put in midfield.

Which probably cost his own teammate, Ryan Taylor, an All Star.

1 Like

Padraic Mannion fully deserving also.

Fair enough team overall. Shane O’Donnell is a real media darling and the one glaring inclusion IMO. He didn’t do much in the games that mattered.

10 Likes

Larry read that out like a fella reading an announcement about a progressive 45 card game at mass. A bit of pizzazzz please

1 Like

No, he didn’t. Was he in the top 5 performers on the pitch in any game this year?

You’d want to be a proper prick to begrudge SOD his All Star given where he’s come from with the migraines. An incredible man.

A complete no show for the semi final and three… Cork made a final last year and got none. They essentially got three for rattling Limerick… That’s the standard now.

10 Likes

Threw his arms in the air and won a few frees against the likes of Wexford.

4 Likes

He’s very highly thought of by a friend of mine who worked with him in Teagasc for a while. A real gent apparently. He didn’t tell what his demeanour was like in the canteen but I’d imagine it was very much down to earth.

He can cry into his medals

11 Likes

There’s a real feel good feel to this years All Stars, Ciaran Kilkenny aside of course

He’ll have to start throwing his hands in the air more.

1 Like

He’s 22.

It’ll probably have to go to Under 23 next year.

Tony Kelly thanking John Kiely (again) for his all star

2 Likes