GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

There wasn’t a better forward last season or this

John Mullane said on the radio this morning that in the last 3 sets of All Stars only one player outside of Limerick, Kilkenny, Clare and Galway has got an award. Conor Prunty.

Well if Tipp, Cork, Waterford etc stop being shite then that might change.

4 Likes

I say the Limerick players who missed out are crying into the extra league, munster and AI medals they picked up this year

1 Like

She’ll have him dressed up as Batman or something

8 Likes

Waterford are in there mate, didn’t you hear

A few of the Limerick supporters certainly are

We’re quite relaxed about it. We’ve come a long way.

2 Likes

You’ve had the record well set for a while but every now and then the foot soldiers mask slips

I would say 4 would
Murphy
Lawlor
Cody
Whelan

Limerick All Stars 1971-2017 = 47
Limerick All Stars 2018-2023 = 43

Delighted really

21 Likes

You’d just wish others could be too

They should really give the Joe McDonagh winners one. Mouse Kavanagh would be a most deserving All Star. cc @Bandage

No to Murphy. The other three are possibles

Can’t have a keeper who can’t even look after his own contact lenses.
Other possibles? Lawlor best full back in Ireland and both Cody and Whelan would take at least 3 spots in the forwards.

2 Likes

Would definitely take Conor Whelan. Just a brilliant player, he’d do untold in this or any other team - as he does now.

Would find a spot for Lawlor too probably. Cody too.

Eoin Murphy is not a better all round ‘keeper than Quaid, he has Peter Duggan to thank for this All-Star.

5 Likes

Murphy would have been grand in the old hip and whip Limerick teams. Wouldn’t cut it under the current regime

It’s interesting because if some of those players had been in the Limerick squad the last six years maybe they’d have been starting ahead of the Limerick lads, and maybe the Limerick lads wouldn’t have become the players they are. If Limerick had lawlor next year would he jump Dan Morrissey, I don’t think so.

Yeah Lawlor is class.

Just no to Murphy. Quaid is a beast. Limerick will have an awful job replacing him

Young Gillane looks well placed.