GAA All Star awards - sponsored by Ferrero Rocher. The chocolate of champions

I’d imagine that was all the gays at the time.

He did little enough of the heavy lifting vs KK, and was quiet in the games previous.

1 Like

Yes he only scored four points from play per game up to that point.

4 Likes

I suggest you watch the second half of the Waterford v Kilkenny semi final again.

Lads falling over themselves about Tony Kelly. A few points against Limerick in a double digit hammering and a bit of flat track bullying against Laois and Wexford. Nowhere once the serious business of the
Championship started.

The second half was when got going I agree. The common consensus up to that was that he wasn’t playing anywhere near the peaks of his abilities, unless there was some standout performance I missed maybe?

I could give less of a shite whether TK gets one or not, whatever you’re bringing him up for

1 Like

It would be great for the lad to get one.

Austin will be omitted for media darling Tony Kelly.

1 Like

Jamie Barron is being tipped left, right and centre for one and Gleeson seemingly has no chance which I find odd. Especially as Lynch or Kelly could easily be accommodated midfield

They’ll surely squeeze Joe in there.

1 Like

Paddy Durcan is after getting shafted here. Mayo after being given a few sympathy ones in recent years but this is a glaring omission

2 Likes

They’ll have to. Sideline cuts count double towards allstars

1 Like

How does Austin’s tallies from play stack up against TJ Reid’s tallies from play?

Austin Gleeson will be on the team announced tomorrow.

Joe or Seamie? Doubt you can have both.

TK HOTY acc to my sources.

Hegarty has that won even though he should have been suspended for the final. Tony should win it but greater weight is put on the All Ireland semis and final.

Not acc to my source. Leaking out to the players as well. I’m sure one will be on here shortly to confirm.

1 Like

Tony Kelly was outstanding in that 10 point National Hurling League final defeat, he deserves recognition.

2 Likes

You would have to say he will be a very deserving winner

Tbh I’m shocked he has it. The All Star Selectors rarely get this sort of thing right. I’ll be shocked if they do this time.