GAA Clichés and Dublin Legends

Who are you referring to there, pal?

I was asked to remove it and out of respect I did so

1 Like

That guy has some talent & self belief in " his locker ".

“They’ll have learned a lot from this” when a relatively young and inexperienced team exits the championship at the hands of a seasoned outfit.

A left footed free taker often kicks like a golf swing. Never a right footed free taker though.

Martin Carney is fond of the “there was a coming together” of players. Says it so much he could commentate on redtube during the off season.

4 Likes

When a team stays in the dressing room at half-time for longer than they’re supposed to.

If they go on to win, it was a psychological master stroke.

If they lose, there was a fight in the dressing room.

“The extra game will be of huge benefit to the winning team” To the other team it is a complete waste of time.

If a long range shot goes over, it’s “sublime”.

If a long range shot goes wide, it’s “panic”.

if a coach loves playing with the kids its he is a great volunteer,when he gets caught being a kiddie fiddler its a once off

2 Likes

Instilling a sense of deep rooted paranoia among a group of grown men is “creating a siege mentality”.

This leads to players saying they “didn’t get the credit they deserved”, like one of the Monaghan guys did there post match on BBC.

Beating team X by 30 points does team Y no good.

Inter-county footballers aren’t able to kick the ball over the bar from 30 yards anymore.

Sligo/Carlow/lLongford Train just as hard as Mayo/Dublin/Kerry

(Insert name of Premier League footballer here) was flabbergasted when he heard how much amateur GAA players train.

A team comes into a final in a good position when they unimpressively win their semi-final. They won’t be after getting carried away and will have knuckled down to reach peak performance levels for the final. If they subsequently lose the final then it becomes a case of the semi-final having exposed a lot of flaws that were exploited to the full this time.

1 Like

Fermanagh never feared Westmeath.

One of the great GAA cliche phrases.

Momentum. One of the great GAA cliche words.

1 Like

Under the radar

The Dublin hurling fan are a decent crowd in comparison to their football equivalent.

I was always told when playing the big ball that was a junior phenomenon.