GAA Clichés and Dublin Legends

Tis only the fucking league .

I was amazed that:

a) A full explanation of possible scenarios was printed on the front of the programme.
b) Limerick GAA had the foresight to ensure the floodlights were working
c) TG4 appear to have had some sort of graphic prepared for the shoot-out scenario.

That’s incredible preparedness for the GGA.

3 Likes

That’s no way to settle a match

1 Like

Antney Daly really landed poor Niall Deasy in it on Radio 1 this morning by telling the country which bank in Limerick everyone could go in to to have a laugh at him.

Great NARRATIVE potential out of yesterday’s game too come the end of the season, and for both sides.

An extremely impressive and character building come from behind victory which acted as a launchpad for the trophies that were ultimately won; and/or

A very unfortunate way to bow out after an epic clash but lessons were learnt and the hurt served as motivation and a launchpad for the trophies that were ultimately won.

Galway coming from behind to defeat Waterford in the league quarter final last year was an example of the former.

Paper scissors rock?

Full on disaster planning.

Ssssshhhhhhh

Heard at Limerick hurling games when their team has a free.

4 Likes

:joy:

Doing the sensible thing and putting it over the bar.

A goal change may very well be on, but a forward is often praised for taking the ‘sensible option’ (safe) of putting it over the bar instead.

An rogha ceart.

“Pucanna saora”.

I think that’s incorrect and it should be “phucanna saora” but presumably they think it would sound a bit weird for any women hearing it, especially ones called Sarah.

Nope.

2 Likes

It was Put in around the house there in the Vincents raheeny game.

Zing

3 Likes

Pat Spillane and whoever the co-commentator on the Fermanagh v Monaghan match was yesterday (Martin Carney?) were trying hard to get “pods” to catch on.

Tis the type of game you don’t want to see anyone lose.

____ crowd full of passion (i.e., fellas loaded up on cider abusing you, like a faction fight)

we had a clear the air meeting on Monday night

Hurling was the winner .

Páirc Uí Chaoimh is full of “wide open spaces”, according to Nicky English. Like Croke Park, or Montana. But definitely not Cusack Park.

2 Likes

_____ are in trouble here, Ger.

Any time a goal goes in.

Space was at a premium in Omagh