GAA Clichés and Dublin Legends

‘Nobody likes to see this sort of thing’
Meanwhile all over the country people are roaring for others in the house to come and see what’s going on :grinning:

5 Likes

“Digging their heels in”.

“no quarter asked or given”

“There are good hurlers in every county.”

“He”d make any county team . “

“If so and so was born in Kilkenny he’d have 10 all Ireland medals’

“These lads train as hard as any of the bigger counties”. Usually said about a team that will have 5 starters each carrying 4 stone more in weight than is healthy.

1 Like

“Meath train as hard as any team in Ireland”, says Colm O’Rourke.

“A fantastic/magnificent block/save”

Those girls train as hard as any male teams .

Like the Cork subs last Saturday night.

1 Like

that’s a ten point wind.

met eireann should measure the wind strength in points as opposed to MPH

2 Likes

Cc: of @mickee321

“Double header”
“Attractive double header”
“Very attractive double header”

1 Like

was it @dodgy_keeper who referenced that infamous “triple header” in Thurlus in July 2016, i think there was another “triple header” there a few years previous involving tipp and maybe Louth in football
The 4th round all ireland qualifiers and the hurling quarter finals that only involve 4 teams are the staple of the GAA “double header”, someone in the CCCC is seething somewhere that they cant manufacture a “double header” this weekend surely…
“double header” trivia
in 2004 Fermanagh beat Cork in a game i was at in front of about 2000 patrons in Croke Park, who was up next that day?- we left to go home as is the modus operandi of most “double header” attendees after the first game ends

Tyrone and Galway. Tyrone won fairly well. It was John O’Mahony’s last game as Galway manager.

There was a legendary “triple header” in the 2003 Leinster football championship.

I think Louth v Wicklow was one of the games.

Wexford must have been playing too? Perhaps one of the Wexford posters could fill us in.

Wexford are great for the oul’ triple headers. I think there was a “triple header” in Thurles in 2013? Tipperary v Wexford in football as the first game, then Clare v Wexford in hurling which went to extra-time followed by Kilkenny v Waterford which also went to extra-time?

I wonder how many stayed the seven hours in the stadium to witness all of it. Hardcore shit.

“Sure the GAA is great value. You’re gettin’ three games for price of one.”

It was 2012 Sid I think. Tipp best Wexford in football and then Cork best them in hurling. Fairly sure there was a 3rd game on then.

I’ve sat through a triple header in Croke Park of Wexford minor hurlers, senior footballers and senior hurlers. At least it’s tolerable when it’s the same county.

1 Like

I’m going to predict that Netwatch Dr Cullen Park will host a double header next Saturday, Carlow v Limerick in hurling followed by Cork v Tyrone in football.

I remember that… lost to tipp in the football i believe, very tough afternoon…

I’m not sure NDCP will be up to it mate, take a look

A beach. :smile:

The dry ground won’t suit The Dow.

1 Like

#CarlowOrNowhere