GAA Clichés and Dublin Legends

The chickens have come home to roost for Cork.

Leave the players alone

Its no longer a 15 man game, you need to count on 20 players and your full squad.

1 Like

Put to the pin of their collar

1 Like

“a dramatic Cork collapse”

“Part of what we are”.

“The hair standing up on the back of your neck”.

1 Like

could be a busy night for this thread

“Shivers down your spine”.

“Sacred sod”

“You grow up dreaming of playing for your county/in an All-Ireland final/in Croke Park”

1 Like

“Warriors”

Daaaaaaaheeeeeee Burke etc are no longer hurlers, but warriors.

1 Like

Daithi Burke is closer to a warrior than a hurler in fairness

I’m not picking on Daithi, just a slight dig at the way Ger Canning pronounces his name. This warrior shit is grating at this stage. I blame Tyrell for it.

1 Like

Ingrained in Irish society

1 Like

'He has the vision to pick out that pass ’ amazing for a person with two eyes.

1 Like

I was watching the highlights from the weekend there an hour or two ago, sweet Jesus it is yet another irritating arrow in Canning’s quiver.

Hurling was the real winner .

‘Such and such’ Is a sound skin and deserved his 30 seconds at the fag end of the game.

‘Such and such’ is a warrior and deserves to get 30 seconds at the fag end of the final.

“hang it”.

Is this a new one?

Slippy Hickey?

The seethe from some quarters is great … You have lads creaming themselves about the ‘tradition’ of the FA cup and English football in general but they cant handle it when it comes to their own culture… there’s still serious postcolonial shame felt by large swathes of the country which is very sad to see really - but it’s also mind blowing to see it in action — to witness them squirming when it comes to their own identity and history and then seeing them at complete ease when watching something British.

2 Likes