GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Before he got the Pearses Job he interviewed for Athlone Gaa job. Wanted between 25-30 grand and half up front no joke. They told him where to go but he went out the road to Pearses who gave it and are happy enough i am sure they won their first ever county title

Niall Carew pulled something similar out of Ballylinan this year. A fucking snakeoil salesman of the worst kind, I think he’s off to Nass now.

Padraic Joyce talked a good game on Off the Ball last night. Reckons not winning an All-Ireland would be a failure and hopes to do it in 10 months time.

200 for curran going from dublin to roscommon and back would be lower than basic mileage rates for travelling?

1 Like

It’ll take him two years to put right the clusterfuck walsh has made of that panel but I wish him well

I’d love to have some of what he’s smokin

Clann are based in Athlone so it’s only an hour spin not that long of a trip.

Eddie o sullivan coaching bridgids?

They got what they deserved in fairness

did Fast Eddie win a senior county football medal playing with Mountbellow?

Don’t think he was involved when they won it in 86, was playing when they lost a final a few years earlier though

Has there ever been an intercounty team where their manager was a better player at the very moment they took over than every player on the panel?

Arise, Offaly.

Has there ever been a player/manager? I’m pulling a blank.

Eddie Brennan with Laois?

2 Likes

Joe Hayes- Monaghan? Dunno what age he was but must have been best hurler there

Kieran McGeeney - Kildare

Tony Hanahoe was player/manager of Dublin in 1977

1 Like

Joe Canning Galway

17 Likes

Aidan O’Shea

2 Likes

:angry:

Stevie from Killeavy taking on the Clonoe job.

:thinking: