GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

[quote=“Horsebox, post: 826176, member: 1537”]In fairness to McGeeney, he seems to have had the full backing of the players.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/kildare-players-react-angrily-to-kieran-mcgeeney-s-dismissal-1.1515728[/quote]
Players always know best alright. Players should be the sole appointers of all Managers right?

Didn’t say that-I just meant that, to give him his due, he inspired loyalty in the players.

[quote=“Horsebox, post: 826176, member: 1537”]In fairness to McGeeney, he seems to have had the full backing of the players.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/kildare-players-react-angrily-to-kieran-mcgeeney-s-dismissal-1.1515728[/quote]

And that’s probably a lot of the issue the clubs had, McGeeney and his squad had an elitest attitude. We are the Kildare Senior Football team, fuck all the clubs in the county, it’s all about us.

Same in almost every county though-until Croke Park sort the issue once and for all, no county wants to be the first to start putting itself at the “disadvantage” of their IC players playing club games between April and September so you have club players being told not to book a holiday or have a pint for the summer because they might have a game the last week of August-fucking jokeshop.

I said that and I was told it was stupid.

Cork hurlers played club games the week after the semi-final win over Dublin. A lot of the players seemed to think it was a good release.

Cork are in an All Ireland Final. Kildare are not.

Just ignore the name calling, mate and continue to talk sense-eventually people will listen.

Someone will correct me if Im wrong but since Dublin match there definitely has been intermediate championships played in Cork in which plenty squad members would be involved in; possibly senior championship too

Wouldn’t be hard, Kildare people are like sheep.

For an outsider looking in, the Laois/Kildare rivalry is very cute and twee.

i’m very sensitive today. I upset a very dear friend earlier with my razor like wit and I wish I could turn back time now but I can’t.

Welcome to my world, pal-the @count of monte cristo , who I have previously enjoyed a very cordial relationship with, is going to put me on ignore due to my dullness-fml :(. Still, what doesn’t kill us can only make us stronger.

harsh on Mcgeeney as he delivered the O’Byrne cup this year which resident expert @caoimhaoin sees as having the same value as league and provincial trophies…

There is no rivalry.

Why you always gots to be hating so, homey?

Just a mild dislike really.

Discussing this on Off the Ball currently, Diarmuid Lyng is trying to put the clubs position re player release forward but Ger is having none of it…

It’s not as if they ever won anything.

Sure why the fuck would someone like Gilroy give a fuck about the Clubs.

[quote=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 826210, member: 2272”]Cork hurlers played club games the week after the semi-final win over Dublin. A lot of the players seemed to think it was a good release.

Cork are in an All Ireland Final. Kildare are not.[/quote]

spot on re Cork. Compare to the Dublin hurlers who kept players away from clubs in the 5 week break between the leinster final and semi final. Kerry footballers go back to their clubs a bit during the summer, Kilkenny hurlers always have. If Geezer is not playing ball on this front, its no wonder the clubs have voted the way they have.

The “brainless fools” tweet is also very distastleful and unfair