GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Ca ching

you have to hand to The bealo…will always mesmerise a county board offical at the interview stage…:D:D he´s got leinster sown up…

Suits Tommy the grandest, he’ll step in when the shit hits the fan and look like a genius. Its a baffling appointment tbh.

tommy ran him from Dublin team when he was manager no?..this could get messy…

Just crazy, 1 year and the damage will be untold.

What happened to your man Flanagan that was there? Did he quit?

Pushed aside bizarrely. Seems his comments on TSG didnt help him.

what did he say?..seemed to be doing a good job…i´d expect to see loads of lads will walk now…theya re in div. 1 next year aren´t they??..sweet jesus…

Said the GAA needed a 2 tier Cship after Dublin hammered Westmeath, given he was due to manage them in Div 1 next season it was seen as an admission of defeat.

fuckin madness…they are going to get pummelled in the league…fuckin pummelled…

Amazing that multi-tier championship idea didn’t take off. Especially as Kevin McStay continually referred to tiers two and three as the ‘intermediate’ and ‘junior’ tiers, which would have significantly enhanced their appeal you’d imagine.

Cody signs on for another year with Kilkenny. He’ll never retire.

Right hand man Fogarty gone. He’ll be missed. Cody’s sideline and tactical acumen (or lack of) seriously improved when Fogarty joined him. Derek Lyng and James McGarry new selectors. Don’t know much about them outside their playing careers.

Fogarty dumped, the Laois footballer kept on, Cody is not for turning.

Kilkenny management team’s
All Ireland’s

Brian Cody (12) 3 as player

Derek Lyng (6)

James McGarry (5)

Michael Dempsey (From Laois)

I think time was called this year on Cody’s team. The game has moved on. The mystique is gone. I think all of the other hurling counties will be delighted to see him stay on and hold Kilkenny back for another year.

@Fagan ODowd Will Martin Fogarty be a viable applicant for the Waterford post?

No we have no need to replace one dinosaur with another.

How do you know it wasn’t Michael Dempsey providing the altered sideline and tactical acumen? - he and Martin Fogarty joined together from the U21 setup and its always Dempsey standing on the sideline with him.

I wonder will the selectors meetings go on for weeks now instead of just days now there are four of them?

Have Lyng and McGarry been involved in coaching KK underage teams or Senior club teams?