GAA Managerial Merrygoround Thread

[QUOTE=“kerry1891, post: 1026657, member: 1379”]The Dublin v Mayo final in 2013 was as putrid as the 2014 final. Dublin pulled more players down around the ankles and waist in the final quarter than Leinster will today in the Aviva.

Kerry played brilliantly over the 2014 championship as a whole[/QUOTE]
Ah FFS sake, he’s been seething since Donegal railroaded Dublin in the semi final and has been looking for a bite ever since, more fool you for chomping down hard. His efforts have been incredibly amusing and they would have continued had you not clamped on worse than a willknot.

Take Connolly out of the Dublin side and all they are is a team of athletes with ordinary to decent skill levels.

Include the two Brogan’s and Flynn and you’re correct in fairness.

Alan - agreed. Bernard I’ve never been too impressed. Flynn is a good player and he has football in him but his mobility, stamina and power are probably his biggest strengths.

Yeah, Bernard is just a gym monkey. :smiley:

I think he’s a guy who you can man mark quite easily and if the other players are doing their jobs then he won’t feature too much.

You can man mark anybody pretty easily if you play a Donegal-type system. Don’t recall many other teams doing such a good job of man-marking him.

Bernard was an outstanding prospect long before he started eating the weights and taking the rest.

Walshe had him in his pocket for the opening 25 minutes against Monaghan before he did his cruciate, he won every single ball put into Brogan in that time period. Brogan is a good finisher but I don’t think he’s much of a ball winner, the way Dublin play they have nearly always have men coming off the shoulder so there’s a lot of times where Brogan’s marker will have to choose between him and the oncoming player and thus creates scoring opportunities. I don’t think he’s a good ball winner.

Brogan has been very ineffective most of the time against Wexford marking Molloy, and Wexford sure as hell don’t play defensive. Just one on one.

Ya it’s dead easy.

You fucking twit. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1026760, member: 273”]Ya it’s dead easy.

You fucking twit. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I wouldn’t expect Brogan to get much change out of a good man marker if he was allowed to focus on his game.

How has he got on in the All-Ireland finals. semi-finals and quarter-finals he’s played in over the years?

Pretty sure Wexford usually played a sweeper under Jason Ryan?

along with being a great fielder and being able to kick points off both feet of course…fascinating analysis pal, an intercounty wing forward who´s biggest strengths are mobility and stamina…who would have thought??..

[QUOTE=“Sidney, post: 1026763, member: 183”]How has he got on in the All-Ireland finals. semi-finals and quarter-finals he’s played in over the years?

Pretty sure Wexford usually played a sweeper under Jason Ryan?[/QUOTE]

Brogan didn’t really nail a starting berth in the Dublin team until about 5 years ago. He had a great season in 2010 and got footballer of the year (should have gone to Marty Clarke). The point being made is Brogan can be marked out of a game I think pretty handy when he’s a good man marker who can focus on that task rather than carrying out the role of a firefighter which is often the case with Dublin.

You’re missing the point as usual. I said he’s a good footballer, but his main strengths lie in the fact that he’s a great athlete which is directly linked to my initial point.

Ah here, without even looking it up, I’d hazard a guess at him being a regular as far back as 07, I think he might have gotten injured since but definitely longer than 5 years.

I don’t think so, I recall him being in and out the team quite regularly. Definitely remember him coming off the bench against Tyrone in 08 for his brother when he picked up an injury.

This is getting embarrassing from Totti. Proof if ever needed that he only really started watching football this year.

Brogan is sheer class. Any inside forward in the game is only as god as the ball going in to him. Brogan has regularly been outstanding even when Dublin were poor or off form. The only thing that changed recently is he got some support and Connolly woke the fuck up.

So he was out cos he was injured?

You are a pony.