The Brian Fenton is stalking Bandage thread

How the f*ck is that a spot and the legend that is Ciaran Carey isn’t!

If Ciarán Carey was mentioned on this thread, then he is a spot. Royalty in fact for this thread. If he was mentioned on the Celeb Spotting thread then you’ll have a fight on your hands.

5 Likes

Oh yes, my mistake! I did mention him in the celeb thread instead of the GAA & Rubby thread, so apologies to @dodgy_keeper for gettin all uppity!

Who: Paul Kinnerk
Where: Flannerys on Catherine Street

He was with some sharply dressed hipster looking friends having a few drinks. Looked pleased with himself. He wasn’t wearing glasses so had to look twice before I had him.

2 Likes

Not a spot.

4 Likes

I’m going to tea with Hamish Watson (I’ve never met him or seen him before, but he’s my cousin’s Godson and she’s invited myself and hopper over)
I’ll report back.
I’ve a lot to get through today incorporating significant drinking.

6 Likes

I’ve given this a like although I’ve never heard of Hamish Watson.

2 Likes

He sounds more rubby than GAA

One hardy bastard. Definitely top 3 most difficult players to tackle in the game presently.

1 Like

I know his ma. She’s a slip of a thing.

Saw Tom Morrissey in there last night. Therevwas a good few Limerick players around last night

2 Likes

Hamish is an alright sort.

12 Likes

Who? Alan Quinlan

Famous For? Former Irish Rugby Football International, 2x Heineken Cup winning star and current Rugby Pundit for Sky Sports, BT Sports, RTE, Virgin Media, Newstalk, Today FM and many many more.

Where? Dunnes Stores, Tipperary Town

When? Circa 1 hour ago.

Other notes. After putting it off for a few days due to being hungover/lazy, i bit the bullet and did the weekly shop this morning. On arrival in the fruit/veg section, the first person i encountered was none other than Tipp Town’s finest ever Rugby player Alan Quinlan. Alan was with his young son AJ and in military like fashion, they blitzed their way through the shop at pace and with purpose. The antithesis of a bewildered Teege whose demeanor when shopping involves fumbling and foostering his way through. Alan saluted me and despite being interrupted by a few people looking for a chat he still reached the checkout before me which was a bit of a blow to my ego. He was shopping quite healthily spending most of his time in the Fruit/Veg, Meat and Bread sections. An alright sort overall.

5 Likes

I arrived into the Orange Goat, Killester, Dublin 5, this morning at 9.10am at the conclusion of a light 7.5km run. After ordering take-away coffee at the counter, I moved over to the window area to wait. I then glanced around to take in my surroundings when I spotted decorated Gaelic Football referee David Coldrick sitting in the same corner table where I spotted Brian Fenton and Brian Howard sitting some weeks back. David was in deep conversation in hushed tones with another middle aged gentleman. I strained to eavesdrop in the event they were berating a fellow referee or calling some other GAA personalities cunts or whatever, but I couldn’t make out anything of note. I’m not sure who the other gentleman was, perhaps this is a reflection on my declining interest in Gaelic pursuits. They were both looking lean and fit in casual clothing - runners, tracksuit pants, T-shirts.

I forgot to log my spot last Monday lunchtime in the Orange Goat, Killester, Dublin 5 of taliswomanic St Vincent’s and Dublin camogie attacker Aisling Maher. Aisling was cooing over a dog in the premises’ doorway and ushered me to walk in past her. We exchanged polite greetings whereby I joined the queue to order and she then headed outside with her warm beverage.

8 Likes

You’re fair nosey. Admirable in its own way.

I spotted Bernard Brogan as I was coming out of the Sherbourne Hotel at lunchtime today. He was crossing from Stephens Green and appeared to j-walk as he landed outside the footpath at the Sherbourne. He was in full suit and tie and navy overcoat wearing a smug grin. His nose appeared quite large from my vantage point. I can’t recall where he works, possibly a partner in a nearby accounting firm?

1 Like

Are you Chinese?

2 Likes

Why do you ask?

Sherbourne, Sherbourne

Good spot anyway.

I have a lisp and sometimes write as I talk.

2 Likes