The Brian Fenton is stalking Bandage thread

You’ll never guess who I spotted this morning? Yes, thread regular Brian Fenton makes his first appearance of 2023.

I was at the perimeter of pitch 9 in St Anne’s Park just after 10am this morning watching my older son’s Raheny GAA Ogra training session (4-6 year olds). My younger fella made a beeline towards the bottom gate &, as I briskly followed to stop him careering into Naniken River, I spotted Brian Fenton further along down the perimeter.

Fenton was accompanied by his life partner & their dog & they were talking to two other young couples whose children appeared to be taking part in the GGA activity (I later saw them on the pitch collecting their youngsters at the end of the session).

The Dublin midfield colossus was bedecked in Adidas regalia - runners, tracksuit bottoms, zippy top with hood - & was sporting a yellow beanie hat (brand unknown). His life partner was wearing Dublin training gear & their dog has a red lead.

The second time my younger lad made a break for it & we were again in earshot of the group, I heard Fenton ask one of the lads if he was going to the Dublin match this weekend.

There was much chortling amongst them when yer man replied, “I am in me hole!”

12 Likes

Spotted popular Clonoulty Rossmore Gael Dick Martin in Thurles Shopping centre yesterday as I was dashing in to get a bottle of plonk in Dunnes Stores.

Dick was full of good nature and bonhomie as he conversed with a similarly aged acquaintance. Happy to report that he seemed hale and hearty to my passing eye; I had heard, or possibly read here, that he had been in poor health.

Cc @peddlerscross @Fat_Pox

5 Likes

Ah brilliant, he was the topic of conversation for 20 minutes at the bar of a club wedding over Christmas. Some brilliant stories about him.

3 Likes

I saw Monaghan legend Conor McManus on Grafton Street today. He was well dressed and unsurprisingly is in good shape. He had a pile of shopping bags which looked to be clothes related. He was walking across the street from Massimo Dutti to the other side checking his phone and then headed in the direction of Stephen’s Green.

Who: Graham Geraghty
Where: Riverside Park hotel lobby, Enniscorthy
When: 10 mins ago
Famous for: Erstwhile racist and getting battered by his missus when urban legend was that the reverse was true
Wearing: New York gaa t shirt, Canterbury trackie bottoms, an impressive ned kelly
Demeanour: Give a shit
Other notes: Graham was strolling into a meeting room just off reception with NY Collegiate GAA in preparation for their match v Dungannon in the third tier of colleges gaa semi final. Prob a comp @myboyblue won a medal in before.
Meeting didn’t start till 9:15 as gaffer was furiously ringing lads to make meeting. Judging by the pints sank last night and the riot act being read to them this morning, New York don’t look in the right place but no better man than Geraghty to turn a huge public negative into an on pitch positive.

Fill yer boots

21 Likes

Who: Former GAA President Liam O’Neill
Where: Midway Portlaoise
When: Yesterday evening
Demeanour: Very slim nowadays. All business. Rushed in and picked up a few bits from the service station and was gone.

1 Like

Is the “at work” rule applicable to this thread?

1 Like

At a GAA / Rubby match - not OK
In front of or behind a deli counter - OK.

I think they played Wexford U20s under the Qatari style CWP floodlights earlier this evening.

1 Like

It’s @Locke’s baby and I feel he would want us to play fast and loose with that rule

Keith Earls in his coffee operation, Annacotty, Limerick.

Dressed “cool” with no socks and a green bomber jacket. Has a handshake grip like a vice. Not talkative.

Nope

1 Like

My bro is in Dukes in London. Hugh Jackman is at the next table. Similar to Bernard so I thought I’d post here.
Cc @TheUlteriorMotive

**Herself as a thing for Hugh, hence the message. He didn’t bother messaging me. If I was there I’d have gone full Hamish Watson and been kicked out

2 Likes

Geraghtyesque

Brian Cody is ating beside me

Will I ask for a photo

2 Likes

Every meal takes on a life of its own.

15 Likes

Will you tell him.hes a purple headed, bitter, glanbia cap wearing bollox from me please mate. :+1:

4 Likes

Say what you really mean @flattythehurdler

Not a voyeur…

But you’ll have to give us a breakdown of how this occasion went down. He’s not a regular sighting.

I’d say Brian wouldn’t spend tuppence