GAA Teams of the Decade

Agreed. :clap:

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]Agree on Donaghy, Clarke or O’ Neill there. They all won several “bigger” games for their counties than Bradly did for Derry.

Moynihan played wing back a good few times farmer, he often moved out there against Cork anyway.[/quote]

Donaghy,Clarke and O Niell always had a lot more help hanging around the 21 than Paddy Bradley did,he had to do everything on his own,id reckon its fair eneogh to include him.

Disappointed to see that Ross Munnelly didn’t get a mention…

Yerra not sure he’d be in that sort of company to be honest pukey.

Id reckon the hurling selection is mostly spot on other than that its blatantly obvious that Brendan Cummins should have been recognised as superior to Fitzhenry,when Enda McEvoy and K Shannon were looking back over the videos to research this they must have been looking the other way for Fitzhenrys many very basic fuck ups,he was good for one under 12 level mistake every Year during his long and admittedly brilliant Career, the judges wouldnt have to go back any further than 2009 against Limerick to see a simple shot creep past him,he was good at the penalties though to be fair to him.

Cummins made far far fewer basic mistakes over the past decade,that kind of thing must not have come into it,theres eight Kilkenny men on it so im happy eneogh,think some of you lads might be a shade hard on Sean Og O Hailpin,hes been class for a lot of the past decade but Ollie Canning should probably be at 4 with JJ Delaney at half back.

[quote=“THE LINK WALSH”]Id reckon the hurling selection is mostly spot on other than that its blatantly obvious that Brendan Cummins should have been recognised as superior to Fitzhenry,when Enda McEvoy and K Shannon were looking back over the videos to research this they must have been looking the other way for Fitzhenrys many very basic fuck ups,he was good for one under 12 level mistake every Year during his long and admittedly brilliant Career, the judges wouldnt have to go back any further than 2009 against Limerick to see a simple shot creep past him,he was good at the penalties though to be fair to him.

Cummins made far far fewer basic mistakes over the past decade,that kind of thing must not have come into it,[/quote]

Jayz, are you drink driving writing that? :rolleyes:

[quote=“THE LINK WALSH”]Id reckon the hurling selection is mostly spot on other than that its blatantly obvious that Brendan Cummins should have been recognised as superior to Fitzhenry,when Enda McEvoy and K Shannon were looking back over the videos to research this they must have been looking the other way for Fitzhenrys many very basic fuck ups,he was good for one under 12 level mistake every Year during his long and admittedly brilliant Career, the judges wouldnt have to go back any further than 2009 against Limerick to see a simple shot creep past him,he was good at the penalties though to be fair to him.

Cummins made far far fewer basic mistakes over the past decade,that kind of thing must not have come into it,theres eight Kilkenny men on it so im happy eneogh,think some of you lads might be a shade hard on Sean Og O Hailpin,hes been class for a lot of the past decade but Ollie Canning should probably be at 4 with JJ Delaney at half back.[/quote]

I would rate Cummins far higher than Fitzhenry as well. Never really got the hype about him bar his penalties, but that shouldn’t even come into it when discussing a goalkeeper. Cummins has produced so many top class saves this decade he should definitely have got the nod for the no 1 spot.

Do you not remember all the handy balls that went by him??,ill be back to you in a little while about it.

I always rated Fitzhenry as about the best around. Cummins was a bit to flash for me, fond of the extravagant save as opposed to Fitzhenry just saving it.

Wasn’t much between them for me. Obviously the Wexican fellas are going to be precious over Fitzhenry and rightly so. Fitzhenry also had to face into the best team ever to play hurling year in year out, which in itself deserves respect and needs to be taken into account when querying a couple of soft ones.

Cummins also loses point in my book for wearing those fucking ridiculous 4 jerseys.

What keeper hasn’t let a handy one in. Didn’t Cummins drop a handy one in the net this year or last year sure.
I wouldn’t blame Munster lads not rating Fitzy as they’d rarely see him, but as a Killkenny man I thought you’d have see more of his saves.
The one against Comerford, 05 I think, was unbelievable-bearing down one on one and blasts it-still don’t know how he saved it.
Anyway, of course I’ll stick up for Fitzy on this one.

What A joke Sean Og is an athlete,Mark Foley in his prime was twice the Hurler, this athlete shit wrecks my head,as for the football Galvin of Limerick most definitely deserves A mention any time he played against O’Shea he got the better of him,had his father stayed in Kerry he would be weighed down with all stars,FACT.

:clap:

the hurling is fairly accurate except that ollie canning should definitely be on it. the best corner back of last 20 years.(just ask eoin kelly). in his whole inter county career i can honestly say i dont think he was ever badly beaten. and there are fuck all hurlers that can say that.

I knew that there would be people clamouring for the player from the small county to be included on the basis that ifhe was with a bigger county he would have stacks of medals.

I also feel that Declan Browne has almost become representative of such a footballer. He has two All Stars - that is quite unbelievable. I thought he only had one.

On Sean Og, there is no doubt that he is a very good hurler and to suggest otherwise is folly. He is constantly in the media spotlight and a lot of people don’t like him but he was part of a two in a row team and cleaned out Shefflin in one of those finals.

Not as good as Delaney but definitely the next best.

Apart from Brian Lohan of course.

The problem you’re going to run into with holding up this arguement is that Mark Foley in his prime consisted of two Seasons and neither of those occured over the past decade.

Sure din’t Webster educate him in the end of it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Webster!

Ya, to be honest I wouldn’t have much qualms about Sean Og being in there. Foley’s distribution can be very hit and miss at times.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]I knew that there would be people clamouring for the player from the small county to be included on the basis that ifhe was with a bigger county he would have stacks of medals.

I also feel that Declan Browne has almost become representative of such a footballer. He has two All Stars - that is quite unbelievable. I thought he only had one.
[/quote]

Have Leitrim any All-Stars in the last 10 years?

last 20 even?