GAA Videos

The double-fist pump from Brolly!

@glenshane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwzVYCjyhQI

Paddy Bradley in his pomp. He was some player.

Bradley won fuck all titles in his career. So he must be a fraud, right? :grin:

3 Likes

oooft

Bradley always delivered for Derry.

Mythi never delivered for Argentina.

1 Like

Cheers. I was out of the country for that match and couldn’t find anywhere to watch it. I phoned one of the players the next day, he said Moran told them before the game that Murphy was coming back from injury and wouldn’t be fit for the second half. Murphy was playing a blinder and was having no problems - Moran took him off anyway because that was the plan. Ffs.

Bradley and muldoon were some pair, I was at the semifinal against Galway (2001?), all their markers had to do was stand with their arms around them, umpires and ref ignored it. Eventually one of the umpires held up a flat for five minutes before taking it down again - typical Croke Park cowards who couldn’t take their medicine from a northern team.

1 Like

Lol

Would Bradley be regarded as Derry’s greatest forward? The AI winning 93 side did not have any real top drawer forward, Gormley probably being the pick of them.

Teams are judged by titles not players. George best never even played at a world cup ffs. He mustn’t have been as good as Mehdi Torabi

Maybe. Mcnicholl was probably better but went to Australia, got injuries, bulked up etc. He was unplayable at times at club level. The qualifiers would have been kind to those players.

McNicholl was a bit like Ger Cavlan for Tyrone, had all the ability you’d want and when you saw it in action it would astonish you but it they never showed it on a consistent basis.

You might want to tell that to @Cicero_Dandi - he’s the one advancing the argument that says Bradley was a fraud, not me.

Personally I think Bradley was a smashing player who was a joy to watch and right up there as one of the very best in Ireland at his peak, and despite never even winning a Ulster title, would rank as considerably better than any of the Derry forwards who won an All-Ireland in 1993.

1 Like

I’m quite able to speak for myself.

Messi never turns up at World Cups or Copa Americas, it’s not that he doesn’t win them but you’d expect a guy labelled as one of the all time greats playing in a team of top class players to make a much better fist of it.

I think Brolly had as much. Either of them were superior to that overprotected watery cratur from kerry.

1 Like

1 Like

Dermot McNicholl was a phenomenal talent . Captained Derry to win a minor all Ireland in 1983 and was the main driving force in leading them to the 1987 Ulster final , he played the semi final v Meath after a fitness test but was clearly not fit and went off early enough .

He was never the same after a bad run of injuries and was a bit part player in Derry’s glory years .

1 Like

Been an awful few days for him.

That handpass. Broke my fucking heart that day. I’d swear there was only seconds to go, despite what Jimmy said in the commentary.

3 Likes

Ye ran us very close a few times back then. Was it the bit of success in the football that set the hurling back after that or different factors?